Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Risen gets patched

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Piranha Bytes; Risen

You can grab the patch (v1.10) <a href="http://risen.deepsilver.com/blog/pages/en/downloads/downloads.php">here.</a>
<br>
Read about the changes <a href="http://risen.deepsilver.com/blog/media/text/RisenPatch_Changelog_EN.txt">there.</a>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97232-risen-v110-pc-patch-released.html">GB</A>

gromit

Arcane
Ha, just went looking for a patch again on a whim... then came here to find an old thread to resurrect asking why nobody had said anything. It's sad, yes, but I'm only really getting around to finishing my first run now, though I'm pretty good at milking games like these.

I haven't run into any of these bugs, except the camera/i'face/loading one if it refers uninverting the camera, as I hope it does, so I guess I never will. Some of these changes look very interesting, though... always good to see actual gameplay tweaks in a patch for a game like this.

Placement of various objects in the world revised
Collision revised: player could previously get stuck in certain locations
Problem with Brogar Arena quest resolved: this quest was only offered twice in certain circumstances
Problem with the camera and the interface after loading a saved game resolved
Various locations revised where the player was teleported to the first floor upon entering a building
The hunters are to hunt again: problem with a dialog option that immediately ended this quest resolved
Problem with the trigger for the final battle resolved
Golden sword for the Don: this sword could be duplicated by stealing
Problem with signpost lighting resolved
Position of various quest goals revised and improved
Problem of the player not receiving the bastard sword after delivering the materials for it resolved
Interaction with benches, chairs, etc. revised
Various dialog options revised
Various error corrections made in game texts and language files

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
whiner.gif

Texas Red

Whiner
Darth Roxor said:

While it's true that our own world is infested with ancient Reptilian Overlords, it is still the biggest cliche in any medium that deals with fantasy. There is NO other more commonly used shit storyline. I refuse to believe that there was a meeting among the designers who approved another such plot. It's either they were controlled by the Dracos themselves or they're that stupid.

Murk

Arcane
SuicideBunny said:
this patch would have been handy half a year ago...

Even a week ago would have been good for me as I literally re-finished it last night...

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dark Individual said:
Did the shitty setting or the shitty gameplay get patched?

Shut up, the gameplay is awesome and the setting is solid. The only thing that sucked (really, really sucked) was the final boss fight.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
JarlFrank said:
Dark Individual said:
Did the shitty setting or the shitty gameplay get patched?

Shut up, the gameplay is awesome and the setting is solid. The only thing that sucked (really, really sucked) was the final boss fight.

Nah, the last chapter sucked pretty much, too.

hoochimama

Liturgist
How long ago was the previous patch?

Smells like they're getting ready for an announcement. Expansion? Sequel?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
there was talk of an add-on pretty early on, was there not? something about the pirate's daughter, iirc?

Monocause

Arcane
I wonder if they fixed the problem that some Radeon users had, myself included. No mention of it in the changelog.

Cassidy

Arcane
Already finished it once, replayed Chapter 1 only to check the Monastery quests and uninstalled the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom