Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News BioWare enables true Roleplaying

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 2

in ME2 by providing a terrific piece of DLC: <a href="http://masseffect.bioware.com/info/dlc/">ALTERNATE APPEARANCE PACK.</a>
<br>
<br>
Alternate the appearance of Garrus, Jack or Thane.
<br>
Roleplaying at its finest.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97251-mass-effect-2-alternate-appearance-dlc-and-release-dates-announced.html">GB</A>

Hory

Erudite
BioWare must be a great creative medium, seeing as any idea gets implemented as long as it brings in even the smallest amount of money.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
This costs about $2 max. Still, seems so worthless. It might have been cooler if they put this in with larger DLCs ala the new vehicle one or the new npc one. But, a clothing DLC by itself? Nah. Not interested.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This is like horse armor. I demand more butthurt! More RAGE!

Mister Arkham

Scholar
I can't complain about it since it doesn't cost anything, but I can still think that it's a silly thing to have employees spending time on.

On the whole, I've been really pleased with the Cerberus Network DLC stuff though. It has all been free, all been optional, and has added some really nice items and content which have benefited the game as a whole. Hopefully it's something that can become a trend with other developers in the future, as it really is quite a nice way of rewarding customer loyalty and keeping interest in the product up.

EDIT: Oh, wait, it does cost. That's fucking ridiculous. Especially since it's just cosmetic.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
It's not worth it to criticize Bioware anymore. They're not a credible rpg company and they don't claim to be one. At least when we measure them to our standards. The joke has been going on for more than 10 years, and they don't seem to be dying out yet, so this is getting fucking old. They're making mainstream games now, and I don't think there's any pretetion of pushing rpg design or even being old school anymore. I mean sure there was dragon age but fuck that game so yeah

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
This is horse armor-quality DLC right here.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Jaedar said:
This is like horse armor. I demand more butthurt! More RAGE!

Christ, I don't even know if that's fair to BethSoft. At least horse armor made your damn horse harder to kill. This thing doesn't do anything but reskin some characters to look like terrible post-cyberpunk rejects. Shiny silver '80s sunglass visors? Really Bioware? Even Volly thinks this isn't worth the time. And after I said a nice thing about you too...

Actually, iirc the armored, but killable Shadowmere (unique horse) replaced the normal, unkillable Shadowmere. It can actually make your horse easier to kill :smug:

Not that armor would be needed if the game had mounted combat in the first place, or if the enemies didn't find the harmless horse to be a much higher priority than the guy lobbing firebbals at them.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Clockwork Knight said:
Actually, iirc the armored, but killable Shadowmere (unique horse) replaced the normal, unkillable Shadowmere. It can actually make your horse easier to kill :smug:

Not that armor would be needed if the game had mounted combat in the first place, or if the enemies didn't find the harmless horse to be a much higher priority than the guy lobbing firebbals at them.
That's is true, but walking around on your pimped stallion in third person view as you fap to the glorified hdr and shaders is what role playing is all about.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Even Volly thinks this isn't worth the time."

It's also not worth all the butthurt crying in this thread and other DLC threads. WAAA! Do people really need to cry about every little thing even when they have no plans to buy it?

I think I''ll go cry about barbies. LMFAO

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom