Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News $3 Fallout

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Fallout

Good Old Games has started their <a href="http://af.gog.com/en/page/spring10?as=1649904300" target="blank">2010 Spring Promo Sale</a>, which includes the original <b>Fallout for $2.99</b>. You can also get Divine Divinity for the same price, Gothic 2: Gold for $4.99, and Heroes of Might & Magic 3 for $6.99 within the next four days.

Last edited by a moderator:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember PEARL selling Fallout 1 and 2 for one euro each, boxed versions, many years ago.

I also remember them selling Schatten Über Riva (the third Realms of Arkania game) for 10 Pfennig (yeah it was before the Euro; 10 Pfennig are about 20 cents).

AND THOSE WERE ALL PHYSICAL COPIES GODDAMNIT

Zeus

Cipher
JarlFrank said:
I remember PEARL selling Fallout 1 and 2 for one euro each, boxed versions, many years ago.

I also remember them selling Schatten Über Riva (the third Realms of Arkania game) for 10 Pfennig (yeah it was before the Euro; 10 Pfennig are about 20 cents).

AND THOSE WERE ALL PHYSICAL COPIES GODDAMNIT

I remember when you could get two McDonalds quarter pounders for $2! Two bucks! Now they want three fiddy each!

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Zeus said:
I remember when you could get two McDonalds quarter pounders for $2! Two bucks! Now they want three fiddy each!

I don't think they realise that they have no right to do that.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Fallout version is the UK one (so no children) and still has bugs on newer systems. Not worth it.

Plus, there is a torrent of the GOG version with all the extras which are also useless.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
5cent03.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

I'd get Gothic 2 for $5 if it was on Steam. They should run a sale on the Steam version.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
FeelTheRads said:
Fallout version is the UK one (so no children) and still has bugs on newer systems. Not worth it.

Adding the children back to Fallout/Fallout 2 is trivial and sfall takes care of most problems you can get when running it on a modern system. The only question you should ask yourself is if you want to pay to get the game or if you prefer to pirate it.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
You can get the UK version ON CD for this or even cheaper.

If GOG isn't at least gonna keep their promises you might as well get the CD and patch it yourself.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS ONLY FAGS PAY FOR THINGS THE WHOLE WORLD WOULD BE BETTER COMMUBNIST WHERE YOU SHIT IN A WHOLE IN THE GROUND AND TOILET PAPER HASNT BEEN INVENTED

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I WANTED TO WATCH TV I HAVE TO PAY A CABLE BIULL I DIDN'T REMOVE ALL THOSE TVS STUFF FROM SHELVES DOWN WITH THE MAN?????

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS THE BEST TIME TO GET THINGS FOR FREE IS WHEN BLACK PEOPLE ARE MAD RODNEY KING GAVE LKOTS OF STUFF TO FAMILIES

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
Gimme things for free, baawwwww!

Rape, Murder!
It's just a shot away!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Speaking of this sale -- any opinions on Divine Divinity? I figure it's worth $3 but looking for opinions on people who actually played it.

Repressed Homosexual
Metro said:
Speaking of this sale -- any opinions on Divine Divinity? I figure it's worth $3 but looking for opinions on people who actually played it.

Awesome, one of my favorite RPGs ever, and my favorite loot in a game ever. Great soundtrack too. Totally worth it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well that's enough of an endorsement for me to part with the price of a cup of coffee. Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom