Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Chris Avellone - Inside the Vault

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Chris Avellone; Obsidian Entertainment

Since Obsidian Entertainment seems to have become an extension of Bethsoft it doesn't surprise that MCA enters the stage <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2010/04/07/inside-the-vault-obsidians-chris-avellone/">over yonder at the Bethblog.</a>
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;"><b>What’s your job at Obsidian?</b>
<br>
<br>
I’m Creative Director. I direct creativity, sometimes in a positive direction. I also ask “why should the player give a crap?” a lot.
<br>
<br>
<b>What games have you worked on?</b>
<br>
<br>
I worked as a level designer/senior designer on Fallout 2, the Icewind Dale series (all of them), Dark Alliance, Champions of Norrath, Neverwinter Nights 2 and Mask of the Betrayer, and as a Lead Designer on Planescape Torment, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (man, that’s a long title), and Alpha Protocol. Currently working as a senior designer on Fallout: New Vegas.
<br>
<br>
I also did a lot of writing for Hero Games’ Champions back in the day, which was good times.
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
A very informative interview, thanks.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#14754">RPGWatch</A>

deuxhero

Arcane
That's a long title? Pft, give him a copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon. It beats KotOR2 by 10 something characters.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
chrisglitterxvbq0.gif

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Jaesun said:

*fap*fap*fap*

edit: By game designer standards, both MCA and Josh Sawyer are total hotties. Certainly better looking than the toupee wearing hotel manager that writes Bioware's games.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
“why should the player give a crap?”

well at least we have this. i don't think anybody at Bethesda ever said this once during FO3's development. that sentiment was replaced with:

"what can the player asplode?"

kris

Arcane
ScottishMartialArts said:
edit: By game designer standards, both MCA and Josh Sawyer are total hotties. Certainly better looking than the toupee wearing hotel manager that writes Bioware's games.

I always takes this into consideration when I buy games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom