Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Mass Effect 2 Kasumi DLC Reviews

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 2

Is it worth $7?
<br>
<br>
<a href="http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/07/review-mass-effect-2-kasumi-stolen-memory/">Joystiq:</a>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">"But Justin, is it worth $7?" I already hear you asking, but the answer is pretty subjective. At the end, I felt like I didn't necessarily get my money's worth, but I also know I wouldn't have believed that until I had bought the thing myself. If your world was rocked like mine by Mass Effect 2, then you're probably playing rather than reading this. That's fine, you'll probably be able to justify it to yourself -- I know I was. If, however, you were a fan but not desperate for more, you're probably better off forgetting about this memory until the inevitable price drop.
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
<a href="http://www.explicitgamer.com/blog/2010/04/mass-effect-2-kasumis-stolen-memories-dlc-review/">Explicit Gamer:</a>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">All in all, I’m a little disappointed with this DLC pack. I was really hoping for a little more content since they’re charging for this one. Sadly, there really isn’t any more here. It’s a fun mission, and the new weapon is very nice but I really wanted some more story and a more fully developed character this time around. Objectively speaking, the good obviously outweighs the bad here – you get a new weapon and a new team mate complete with a new bonus power for you to learn after you gain their loyalty. But if you’re looking for more story and character interactions then this is not worth it at all.
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
<a href="http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/mass-effect-2-dlc-roundup-review">And finally Eurogamer:</a>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">Coming out the other side of the DLC, not only will you have a new character who is both useful in combat and fun to have around, you'll also have a serious pile of credits pilfered from Hock's many safes and datapads, another tech upgrade and a new SMG weapon. Like Zaeed, once Kasumi joins up, you can visit her and investigate the various possessions she brings with her to get a little more back-story. Unlike Zaeed, her responses are more varied and she'll even comment on the romantic choices you've made. Best of all, Kasumi's presence in the previously locked observation deck opens up a cocktail bar, which grants you the long-overdue ability to get absolutely hammered on the Normandy.
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
The possibility to get drunk on the Normandy was exactly what ME2 needed to complete its roleplaying awesomeness.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97450-mass-effect-2-kasumi-stolen-memory-dlc-reviews.html">GB</A>

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
People are so fixated on length. It's like they pay $7 and expect another 40 hours of game play. FFS

I didn't buy/play this (or hell even that firewalker DLC which was free); but people are dumb.

If you expect a 20 hour dventure don't spend $7 on a fuckin' DLC. Save that $7 and buy an actual game. FFS

F.U.C.K.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
VentilatorOfDoom said:
The possibility to get drunk on the Normandy was exactly what ME2 needed to complete its roleplaying awesomeness.
You could already do this with Chakwas without any DLC, paid or otherwise. It was also a pretty good scene. Chakwas should've gotten more screen time in both games, she could've made an interesting character.

Arcanoix

Scholar
Eurogamer said:
in the previously locked observation deck opens up a cocktail bar, which grants you the long-overdue ability to get absolutely hammered on the Normandy.

"Insert Credit Card to Open Door"

Volourn said:
People are so fixated on length. It's like they pay $7 and expect another 40 hours of game play. FFS

I didn't buy/play this (or hell even that firewalker DLC which was free); but people are dumb.

If you expect a 20 hour dventure don't spend $7 on a fuckin' DLC. Save that $7 and buy an actual game. FFS

F.U.C.K.

Less than a decade ago DLC's were called "expansions", and they actually added about 25+ hours of playable content for the price of $30. Do the math, bitch. $7 for "DLC" adds what, an hour maybe?

Black

Arcane
me2nippon.jpg

kasumixtreme.jpg

Achilles

Arcane
That was EXTREME. Also, I was a bit turned on by Kasumi's mouth.

anomie

Scholar
seems like a weeaboo has infiltrated bioware, kasumi dlc confirms it. I had my suspicions when that ramen chef ambushed me in the Citadel...

I need what's in your fuckbox, Kasumi. You know I'm willing to rape you for it.

I'll admit your skills are impressive. You got onto my cock like I'd left it hanging in the open. But you're still going to orgasm, screaming, just like your old friend.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Alexandros said:
That was EXTREME. Also, I was a bit turned on by Kasumi's mouth.

I think Tali has made BioWare figure that apparently dweebs are more turned on the less you see of a woman. Maybe women are scary? I don't know.But boobs + I can't see her face = I'd hit it.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Yeah this is something I don't get. What the fuck is up with the mask girl? I always thought she was a boring character. Most of her dialog is about her imaginary culture, damn that shit is boring and filler. Then I find the horrible posts on Bioware screaming in delight that this is the best thing since rape. I mean, sure this is Bioware and romances, so yeah this is what you'd expect no surprises there. But why this npc in particular? Couldn't you fuck everyone in ME2?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Serious_Business said:
Then I find the horrible posts on Bioware screaming in delight that this is the best thing since rape. I mean, sure this is Bioware and romances, so yeah this is what you'd expect no surprises there. But why this npc in particular?

Werl, she was underage in Mass Effect 1.

Black

Arcane
What's there not to get that womins are more attractive the less you see them?
It's the same with ninjas. They're cool because you can't see them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom