Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview GameSpot peeks in on Dragon Age

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

<a href="http://www.gamespot.com/pc">Gamespot PC</a> have taken their turn at <a href=http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/dragonage/preview_6098460.html>previewing Dragon Age</a> BioWare's upcoming fantasy RPG.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>BioWare has apparently spent a long time fleshing out the game world, which has a 5,000-year history and many different political, feuding factions. We were told that the game's story will be serious in tone, and will involve a lot of political intrigue and conspiracy and so on. And, of course, like in BioWare's other choose-your-own-adventure-style games, players will be able to conduct themselves in a variety of different ways during the course of Dragon Age.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Highly detailed game world: good. I think they ought to have added the word "superficially" in front of "diffrent" in the last sentence, though.

suibhne

Erudite
GameSpot was far closer to the mark than they realized when they described it as "choose-your-own-adventure-style."
"Greetings, friend! Welcome to Waterdeep! I have a problem - perhaps you can help me?"
1. Turn to page 72.
2. Flip to the 72nd page.
3. Read next the page marked "72."
4. Search through this book for page 72, then set about reading it.
5. Extort 5 gold, then skip straight to the seventy-second page, you evil bastard.

Rosh

Erudite
suibhne said:
GameSpot was far closer to the mark than they realized when they described it as "choose-your-own-adventure-style."
"Greetings, friend! Welcome to Waterdeep! I have a problem - perhaps you can help me?"
1. Turn to page 72.
2. Flip to the 72nd page.
3. Read next the page marked "72."
4. Search through this book for page 72, then set about reading it.
5. Extort 5 gold, then skip straight to the seventy-second page, you evil bastard.

Bru-tal, but very accurate. Top marks from me for honest bluntness and more for recognizing the design in the first place. It's remarks like that which bring a smile to my face, as no matter how hard I try to be a bit scathing and amusing at the same time, the humor isn't akways the best. Sometimes, I even smirk. Then I have to lie down. :wink:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom