Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Dungeon Lord paid advertisement at TVG

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Dungeon Lords; Heuristic Park Inc.

<a href=http://www.totalvideogames.com>Total Video Games</a> (btw, did you guys notice that some sites have really stupid names?), posted a 3-page <a href=http://www.totalvideogames.com/pages/articles/index.php?article_id=5777>first look</a> at <a href=http://www.heuristicpark.com>Dungeon Lords</a>. That "first look" actually is either an interview or a paid advertisement since it made almost entirely of quotes aimed to convince people that <b>DL</b> is a great RPG loaded with full role-playing experience and all kinda sophisticated stuff.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>“Dungeon Lords has been created and specifically designed to appeal to a broad game base; we want RPG fans, who love large detailed worlds, grand stories and customisable characters, and <u>we want people who may never have played an RPG but who enjoy fighting games.</u> Dungeon Lords combines the depth of a D.W. Bradley RPG with an accessible and fun combat interface that offers action fans an intuitive way into the RPG. At the same time, we have included features to simplify combat for hard-core RPG fans who may have less experience with action games.”</blockquote>Yep, it's so exciting to play an RPG made for people who've never heard of RPGs but like fighting games.
<br>

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I haven't read up on this game but if it has a fighting game combat scheme, it could be pretty cool, provided that there aren't too many enemies, good AI, and challenging battles. If it's NWN-esque, I'm just going to say 'meh'.

dunduks

Liturgist
Hmmm, fighting....
Well, if its half as good as King Of Fighters, Samurai Showdown or ONI, then it'll be on my buy list, but i doubt that since those are great fighting games.

suibhne

Erudite
Exitium said:
I've never played Bloodrayne but I hear it's like a gory version of Oni.

Oni had ho-hum level design and some of the worst textures I've seen this side of the original Quake, but the combat engine was super-fabulous. If DL achieves anything close to that type of control scheme, it might be well worth playing. Sure, it won't be an RPG, but it could end up being a stellar dungeon brawler.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom