Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Dungeon Lords impressions at eToychest

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Dungeon Lords; DW Bradley; Heuristic Park Inc.

<a href=http://www.etoychest.org>eToychest</a> posted very positive <a href=http://www.etoychest.org/content.php?article.262>impressions</a> of <a href=http://www.heuristicpark.com>Dungeon Lords</a>, informing readers that <b>D.W. Bradley</b> used to be cool and his new game's gotta be cool too.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>With the game being targeted for a summer release, it is not unexpected that Dungeon Lords appears to be in such a near- finished state. The graphics are simply lovely, and the game play is both fluid and intuitive. Bradley and his team both made references to playing the game online in their studio for hours on end, and this labor of love is made evident with how wonderful the game both looks at plays in its current state. Dungeon Lords, according to Mr. Bradley, is the culmination of where technology is at today, and it was how he had envisioned, all those years ago, how games such as Wizardry 7 should have been played. Of course back then that iteration of that classic series represented the peak of PC gaming technology, just as Dungeon Lords showcases where role-playing games are today. Truly fans of both D.W. Bradley's work, and of PC role-playing in general have a lot to look forward to when Dungeon Lords hits retail. </blockquote>Well, thank god then, that technology wasn't there back then, because I don't think that real time Wiz games would have been as popular.
<br>

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Looking at the screenshots for the game I was kind of disgusted how you could see the players ass crack.

Am I normal?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Normal? Maybe. Although the fact that you looked at the guy's ass doesn't reflect well on your heterosexual image :lol:

ecliptic

Liturgist
Real-time WASD mouse-clicking was how Wizardry VII was meant to be played? Bull-shit.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
ecliptic said:
Real-time WASD mouse-clicking was how Wizardry VII was meant to be played? Bull-shit.

We wouldn't even know who this guy is if that were the case. This game might be decent, but from everything I've heard so far, including the name of the game, hasn't impressed me at all. The "No health bar for monsters = IMMERSHUN" is the cherry on the sundae.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It looks like it could be a fun 3rd person combat game along the lines of Rune or Jedi Knight, but we'll have to see.

The name definitely does not impress.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom