Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Restricted Area NPC feature #5 at RPGDot

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Master Creating; Restricted Area

<a href="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</a> are back for the fifth week with another NPC from the upcoming cyberpunk action RPG Restricted Area. This one talks about <a href=http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=975&sid=8dfe1cd2270b8e43e608c0741f4e0cfe>Shakir.</a>
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>If you need money – I mean, really need it – than visit Shakir. He’s a big black guy, most of the time hanging around in front of his Chinese restaurant. In fact, if it were up to me, I’d stay clear of Shakir altogether...
<br>
His interests are extreme; my prices are cheap next to his, if you don’t mind where he picked them up from in the first place. People also say that he has his fingers in all kinds of illegal stuff, from drugs to protection money. Some even say he’s a pimp. I have no idea if this is true, and – you know me – I don’t give a damn about it. The only important thing is that you can count on him when you need money. In all other concerns I’d go out of my way to avoid him…</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Shakir... is he one of those "liberated" black dudes who dropped his "slave name" like Mohammed Ali did?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
oh my god, I want this game. I was just reading the Gamespot Interview (since I forgot what it was about) and boy, it looks and sounds freaking amazing. The combat sounds very reminiscent of Crusader: No Remorse. That's NEVER a bad thing!

Pity about the whole publisher issue, though. Hope you find a new publisher, Jan. I'm looking forward to this game.

Anonymous

Me too, I really want a good cyberpunk RPG already, hopefully Sir Jan can find a publisher so I can rank the game up with Fallout, Arcanum and the Spiderweb games.

Spazmo

Erudite
He did, Saint, some British outfit called 4am Games. But then a little while later that relationship broke up. I think master creating is looking for a new publisher now.

Jan

Novice
Re

Hey guys, thanks for your support! :D

We have a publisher for Germany, Switzerland and Austria (VIDIS, "UFO: Aftermath, Korea: Forgotten Conflict") and one for Russia and the related terretories (Noviy Disk, "Tomb Raider 5", "Commandos 3"). And we´ll find some for the rest of the world soon, don´t worry. :cool:

Psilon

Erudite
Exitium said:
oh my god, I want this game. I was just reading the Gamespot Interview (since I forgot what it was about) and boy, it looks and sounds freaking amazing. The combat sounds very reminiscent of Crusader: No Remorse. That's NEVER a bad thing!

Seconded, though as I recall Remorse had some damned annoying jumping puzzles. If you don't have enough reasons to hate them already, just remember that EA canned Crusader: No Mercy.

Jan, good luck finding a new publisher for the English-speaking world. Keep us posted of any successes. Trust me, this forum will generate, oh, two dozen sales the first week! At least!

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
The crusader series was a fucking great game. I had my first PC then, and my friend gave me the game no remorse as a present. Jan, I hope your game sells well! HUAH!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom