Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Fallout: New Vegas Previews

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

IGN took a <a href="http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1086462p1.html">first glance</a> at Obsidian Entertainments upcoming Elder Scrolls mod.
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">I'm quite impressed with all that has been added and tweaked – Obsidian clearly did its homework and thought long and hard about what aspects of Fallout 3 could be improved upon without changing the formula too drastically. I've listed a lot of the new features here, but still haven't even gotten to all of them. Even the conversation system has been tweaked to better integrate all skills and better let you know the odds of succeeding in a persuasion option. And I didn't get to see the main strip in New Vegas at all – a place promised to hold surprises for those that can survive the treacherous road in.
<br>
<br>
If there was any disappointment with my first look at Fallout: New Vegas, it came with the look. Though work has been done on the engine to improve the flow of combat and conversations, little if any was done to make it more visually appealing. It will have been two years since Fallout 3 came out by the time New Vegas hits store shelves and the animations and character models are beginning to show their age.
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
Obsidian ought to work a bit more on the most important RPG element of them all - the looks.
<br>
<br>
<a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/7505-First-Look-at-Fallout-New-Vegas">The Escapist</a> is the next in line:
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">As the character's introduction to the world suggests, the story of New Vegas will be told - at least in part - as the player progresses through the world looking for who shot him in the head and left him for dead. Your character was a courier, carrying something important. You were killed for it, and you will eventually want to get it back. In the course of your adventures you will discover the many settlements that make up the Vegas wasteland, uncover the power (both electrical and political), water and human struggles that will shape the world in your wake.
<br>
<br>
With the combination of the radically different Western U.S. setting and Obsidian's unique Fallout sensibilities, New Vegas promises to add more then simply "more Fallout." From this first look, it seems like the next installment could feel a lot like a completely new game and according to Bethesda's Pete Hines, New Vegas will be roughly the same size as Fallout 3. "You won't be playing it quickly," he says. Whether that's good or bad remains to be seen.
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#14878">RPGWatch</A>

entertainer

Arbiter
wheel_of_fortune.png

Mister Arkham

Scholar
I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the idea of all of these changes and new ideas. It just comes down to a borderline lack of faith as to whether or or not they'll work/really be there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom