Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Alpha Protocol Hands-On Preview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Alpha Protocol; Obsidian Entertainment

G4TV had <a href="http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/62110/alpha-protocol/articles/70647/Alpha-Protocol-Hands-On-Preview/">their hands on some preview copy</a> of Alpha Protocol.
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">What’s struck me about Alpha Protocol, based on the amount I’ve played thus far, is that despite the rather vanilla storyline (oil controls everything, corporations and PMCs are bad, can’t trust governments, nobody is who they seem, etc.), the mission structure and conversation system really create a good sense of actually playing as a spy. By that, I mean it’s not just running around shooting the terrorist bad guys…there are missions where you go to a suspected safehouse and attempt to say the right pass phrase, or sit down at an outdoor cafe and have a talk with a menacing adversary. And though there is ample opportunity to run around shooting terrorists, there are investigation elements to it that remind me of why I enjoyed Heavy Rain so much, as well as moments where I know that I have to make important but ambiguous decisions that I can’t go back and change.
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
AP? All me, baby.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#14881">RPGWatch</A>

Chefe

Erudite
I thought one of the biggest criticisms against Heavy Rain is that your choices were essentially meaningless and the story always ended up the same. If so, that's not a very good comparison to use. Maybe there's a voyeur minigame in AP too? Anyways I'm just commenting on this from your quote, because I think reading that article would just be too boring.

GMonkey

Scholar
Chefe said:
I thought one of the biggest criticisms against Heavy Rain is that your choices were essentially meaningless and the story always ended up the same. If so, that's not a very good comparison to use. Maybe there's a voyeur minigame in AP too? Anyways I'm just commenting on this from your quote, because I think reading that article would just be too boring.

The Heavy Rain comparison bit seems more about how some missions in Alpha Protocol aren't some variation of "go there and shoot people", but are, instead just meeting people to talk or investigating whatever.

In any case, I haven't played Heavy Rain so I have no idea if that's an apt comparison.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
74971.jpg

The reviewer who went full retard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom