Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Power of Law Q&A at RPG Vault

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: MISTLand; Power of Law: COPS: 2170

<a href=http://rpgvault.ign.com>RPG Vault</a> posted an <a href=http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/519/519183p1.html>interview</a> with <b>Vitaly Shutov</b> about upcoming <a href=http://www.polgame.com/eng/>Power of Law</a>, a tactical turn-based cyberpunk RPG.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>We're told that the gameworld can change according to decisions the player makes - different allies, events, weapons, and even shifts in the main plot. How do these come about?</b>
<br>
<br>
Well, everything is as easy as ABC. Let me illustrate it by way of an example from the game. Our main hero, Katrin, is a recent graduate from the academy. She's just joined the police force and doesn't yet know all the webs of relations in the department. At the beginning of the game, she'll have the opportunity to take someone in her crew, who will probably advise her to join a 'club' for their 'mutual benefit' - in other words, to use her position as a cop to cloak some private / illegal / shady dealings along with others.
<br>
<br>
Kati can choose whether or not to help them find and do away with a secret agent from Internal Security Service who is amongst them, or punish those who have hampered the progress of the investigation. Depending on your actions, you'll probably receive different rewards. And later on, your choice will influence the staff and your probable friends. Finally, nearly all the plotlines meet in the end, and only then will it become apparent who's really a friend and who's the enemy...
<br>
<br>
As well, many small decisions will affect several sub-quests. For instance, helping a certain group in a certain way may result in a riot in the streets, which flares up in the next mission. As a result, one of your characters leaves your ranks. This may make it impossible to reach one more characters with their own quests on another map. There are many similar situations and events in the game. </blockquote>I liked that part about events in one mission influencing another. Sounds promising.
<br>

Anonymous

Neat, but I hope if they go full turnbased like Paradise Cracked they include a speed option (where you click, you pop there instantly).

Anonymous

No, I prefer Turn-Based, it's just that in Paradise Cracked the game played as if you were in combat in X-Com, even if you were just walking around.

The game was in constant TB, you move your dude, then hit End turn and everyone else in the city takes their turns with hidden actions (visible things it shows you them moving). It made the game a bit slow.

Jed

Cipher
Hey Llama, how'd you get a custom title?

PS- POWAH of Law looks real cool. I'm pretty sure they already said it won't be TB outside of combat.

Anonymous

It's a daily duty we should all do, telling Volourn to fuck off.

Sounds like it has promise. I hope it doesn't fall at the last hurdle and have you saving your drug addled girl/boyfriend from your momma's pimp.... wait that would be pretty cool...

Rosh

Erudite
POOPERSCOOPER said:
Rosh banned me from NMA, hes cute.

DRAMA LONG POSTS HUMUR LAST WORD ROSH

Actually, to correct this misunderstanding, I wasn't the one who banned you. I honestly don't even know why at the moment.

Greenskin13

Erudite
I hope they use the same translator they use on their site for the game. I can't get enough of that wacky English!

Rosh

Erudite
Awww, hear that, Pooper? You're loved! :tombstone:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom