Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News More money fun at Interplay

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Herve Caen; Interplay

There's a <A href="http://ragingbull.lycos.com/mboard/boards.cgi?board=IPLY&read=957">news article post</a> from <b>orionquest</b> over at <A href="http://ragingbull.lycos.com/mboard/boards.cgi?board=IPLY">the Raging Bull IPLY forum</a> which is basically a cut and paste of <A href="http://www2.ocregister.com/ocrweb/ocr/article.do?id=96913§ion=BUSINESS&subsection=BUSINESS&year=2004&month=5&day=27">this Orange County Register article</a>(registration required). What's it say? Well, <A href="http://www.interplay.com">Interplay</a> has money issues and employees are starting sue. Here's a clip:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>IRVINE – PC-game developer Interplay Entertainment Corp. is running out of cash and may not be able to continue operating, according to company filings.
<br>
<br>
Two employees have filed complaints with the state because of bounced paychecks. The company also faces a lawsuit from its landlord seeking three months of unpaid rent, plus other lawsuits from entertainment companies that say the Irvine-based company owes them money. An additional $179,000 is owed in payroll taxes and penalties, according to filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
<br>
<br>
Chief Executive <b>Herve Caen</b> said Wednesday that Interplay will survive the struggles, but declined further comment. He would not say whether Interplay has put off paying employee salaries and health benefits. </blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Looks like the word's gotten out, <b>Herve</b>. Bummer for you!
<br>
<br>
<b>EDIT:</b> Isn't it cute he's declined to answer what we already know?
<br>

Anonymous

I dunno, but I find these lyrics to be fitting:

Did you ever stay up late wondering if you'd been screwed?
Or ever really know how much money they're making off of you?
Welcome to the club, aye, that's the rub
Your nudged, fudged, nudged, screwed
Did you ever feel confused?
Fall victim to their ruse
You know Hitler gassed the Jews
Maybe you should watch the news
Formula, we deplore you
Formula, we abhor you
Formula, we ignore you
We were sent here to destroy you
We won't have to wait too long
Lots of people making bombs, CD-ROMS, fertilizer bombs, yeah
Totally abused you
You wonder why our lives are crummy, you won't give us any money
Without us who would you jack, to fill up your bulgin sack?
But your actions, they shall foment, vengeance waiting for the moment
And though I spent years as your slave, one day I'll piss on your grave
Formula, set our own pace
Formula, we are a race
Formula, we'll smash your face!
Formula, your machine
Formula, I find obscene
Formula, know what I mean?
You've reduced something to nothing
You really fucking think you're something
Hold on baby, time is coming
Nudged!

wizard

Liturgist
So IPLY is basicly dead now...now if only ATARI & EA would die away I would be happy

Llamagod, Nice song :P

Fez

Erudite
I wonder if the shareholders will finally wake up, or will they stick with it until the end, beliving that that the moron has another "plan"?

taks

Liturgist
at this point, they have no choice. their stock is nearly worthless anyway, so they might as well stick it out and see how much they get from the inevitable firesale.

taks

Rosh

Erudite
taks said:
at this point, they have no choice. their stock is nearly worthless anyway, so they might as well stick it out and see how much they get from the inevitable firesale.

Well...even a few hundred shares at a couple of cents each would be a lot more than nothing.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
taks said:

I disagree. Right now, 4.5 cents per share back is better than nothing. Someone dumped a lot of shares this morning, dropping it from 6 cents a share down to 4 cents. If you have hundreds of thousands of shares, it's better just to accept the loss and walk away with a few grand than nothing at all. This stock isn't going to go up by much ever again unless it gets purchased as a company. That's less and less likely with each passing day because the longer this runs on, the more and more risk there is in buying the company considering it's running redline right now.

Spazmo

Erudite
I hear there's good money in hamsters. Or at least that a hamster will probably outlive Interplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom