Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial No Trannies Allowed

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<p><a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/#54879" target="_blank">Kharn</a> points out an opinion piece over at The Border House that might be of interest to some of our readers:<br /><a href="http://borderhouseblog.com/?p=2344" target="_blank">"Fallout: New Vegas Set to Feature Transphobia?"</a></p>
<blockquote>Herein lies the first problem. It is a jarring image, and I can&rsquo;t imagine for a second that that wasn&rsquo;t intentional. Essentially, they&rsquo;ve made this character be transgender for shock value, or because they wanted to play it for laughs. Haha, aren&rsquo;t those transgender people absolutely hilarious?<br /><br />This sort of attitude is bad enough at the best of times, but sad to say, this is not the best of times. Making the transgender character be a super mutant is not at all subtle. It paints an image of transwomen as brutish, ugly freaks who you can spot a mile off. You can put a pig in lipstick, but it&rsquo;s still a a pig. Or a super mutant. Or a man.<br /><br />Then, just for good measure, because apparently they weren&rsquo;t insulting enough already, the character is a crazed villain. Who you get to kill. Fantastic.</blockquote>
<p><br />Not sure I see the problem here. But for those that do, rest assured that Bethesda is addressing your concerns:</p>
<blockquote>Female humans who undergo transformation into Super Mutants effectively lose any externally apparent biological sex characteristics associated with being female.&nbsp; I.e. they are indistinguishable from male humans who have undergone the same transformation.&nbsp; Arguably all Super Mutants are monogender even if they retain some vestigial biological sex characteristics since said characteristics no longer have any social or biological meaning in Super Mutant society &mdash; and because most of them lose all memory of their former lives.&nbsp; Tabitha wears a wig and glasses not because she is transgender, but because she has psychological identity problems that are rooted in her extensive use of Stealth Boys &ndash; a drug used in the universe of Fallout.
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Thanks for sharing your feedback.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Schattenjäger

Scholar
Jason said:
Making the transgender character be a super mutant is not at all subtle. It paints an image of transwomen as brutish, ugly freaks who you can spot a mile off. You can put a pig in lipstick, but it’s still a a pig. Or a super mutant. Or a man.

:honorblade:

:salute:

:tear of the eagle:

In before the dozens of codexian trannies post their indignant protests.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Making the transgender character be a super mutant is not at all subtle. It paints an image of transwomen as brutish, ugly freaks who you can spot a mile off. You can put a pig in lipstick, but it’s still a a pig. Or a super mutant. Or a man.

Sounds pretty legit.

:smug:

TNO

Augur
Actually, fairly sure that was in the Lore in the first game. The muties who used stealth boys (Nightkin) get deranged.

Tails

Arbiter
Indeed, they get psychotic after using it all the time, but still, it was a god damn piece of electric equipment not a drug.

a budda

Arbiter
stealth boy a drug, fucking assholes
and tabitha...
even bethards didn't do such shit - they were just lost little boys, but this...
:rage:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
TNO said:
Actually, fairly sure that was in the Lore in the first game. The muties who used stealth boys (Nightkin) get deranged.
prolonged usage having side effects is not the same as being a drug, y'know.

Morkar Left

Some guys are just trying too hard to be the holy paladin...

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
guys...

hey guys....whoa...

i just smoked some stealthboy and i am FUCKED UP!!

*pisses pants*

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Got my hopes up... I thought it was a romance. :x

Anyway, they're trying to turn something for "teh lulz" in a videogame into some sort of statement. Not everything needs to be analyzed like you're taking a humanities course. Sometimes shit is silly for the sake of being silly. And no, Frankenstein was not about a male trying to usurp the female's role in creation. Shut the fuck up.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Mission Statement:

The Border House is a blog that aims to break down cultural and stereotypical walls and cross social borders in virtual worlds, MMO games, video games, and social media through inclusive journalism.

Godspeed, godspeed!

eagle-tear.jpg

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Haven't seen this one yet
:pete:
There we go

mondblut

Arcane
butthurt tranny said:
It paints an image of transwomen as brutish, ugly freaks who you can spot a mile off. You can put a pig in lipstick, but it’s still a a pig.

Does he/she/it imply it isn't so? Yeah, right.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
FeelTheRads said:
Mission Statement:

The Border House is a blog that aims to break down cultural and stereotypical walls and cross social borders in virtual worlds, MMO games, video games, and social media through inclusive journalism.

I bet that those who run it are the kind of fags who are unable to understand that sometimes something is done purely for fun without any deep meaning behind it.

Oh gawd, I read more of it and it seems to be truly the case. They see racism and sexism in pretty much everything. Nice find!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Gragt said:
Oh gawd, I read more of it and it seems to be truly the case. They see racism and sexism in pretty much everything. Nice find!

Well, apparently everything is about these issues today, because there are those who think that not having blacks, gays and the likes in your creation, be it movie, game or whatever makes you a racist homophobe. I swear I know such people.

That being said, the mutant tranny is goddamn dumb anyway, although for different reasons.

Gerrard

Arcane
To be honest, super mutant tranny sounds like something you'd find in "RPG Codex: The Forum: The Game".

There are stealth boys in FO3, and they aren't drugs, just a regular equipment. Who's the Bethesda guy in the first post? Sounds like a PR guy called for damage control who was told "stealth boys make you deranged, use that as an excuse" and thought it was a drug.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth_Boy_(Fallout_3)

Also, lol @ retarded political correctness

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom