Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Standing Up For Your Right Of Debauchery

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

<p>Watch this video footage showing how you can <a href="http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6268774/" target="_blank">save criminals from their just punishment</a> in The Witcher 2.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><em>Thanks WhiskeyWolf!</em></p>

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
What criminals? That's that failed noble, he was somehow like third in position, though at the end it looked he would end to do all that paperwork anyway.

Judging by this video, combat in TW 2 is worse than in the first one. There's some serious targeting issues.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
looked like the witcher protocol with all those technical glitches and the timed dialogue.

Antihero

Liturgist
Dandelion's his friend and besides, by the sound if it, Dandelion's going to hang for debauchery and not for spying and debauchery. And debauchery is supposedly no hanging offence (maybe worth a duel, though?)

denizsi

Arcane
Cutscene animations look superb. Mischievous behaviour of the guards, the executioner clapping his hands to the pleasure of the crowd. Voices are so unfitting, though. None of the characters sounded right. Fist fight looked extremely poor and that the bystanders became fixed figures, it felt so shit. And the newest bestest invention, the timed dialogues... :roll:

I think they need to try harder. It doesn't quite look or sound completely consolized just yet.

Antihero said:
Dandelion's his friend and besides, by the sound if it, Dandelion's going to hang for debauchery and not for spying and debauchery. And debauchery is supposedly no hanging offence (maybe worth a duel, though?)

Does Geralt know anyone who ISN'T debauched?

random_encounter

Educated
Azrael the cat said:
Antihero said:

Does Geralt know anyone who ISN'T debauched?
Well, there was the brothel girl's father who hired him in the first game to get her back. But my Geralt had to kill him.

Annonchinil

Scholar
Meaning?

This is the free Kingdom of Temeria and not Nilfgaard!

Hahahaha. Its amazing that all the lame dialogue and confusing conversation wheel selections in Bioware games get lambasted while the same thing in the Witcher gets a free pass.

Rhalle

Magister
The combat mechanics need serious work. The rest is on target-- looks and sounds like the old Witcher.

Slenkar said:
Actually the scene was well written and well-paced.

Witcher1 is simply full of nice set-pieces like that. How good they are got overshadowed by how badly the dialogue trees were constructed, the crappy initial translation, and the voice actors who sometimes seemed to have gotten no coaching and just read their lines straight.

denizsi said:
Voices are so unfitting

Embrace them. :love:

They are totally a part of the game's charm.

saenz

Scholar
Great writing and voice acting, but is anyone else bothered by the utter lack of facial animation? They run their mouths with the text, but that's about it. At the very least, some eyebrow action would work wonders.

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
It all looked and sounded a bit clumsy to me. The VO was stilted and the writing didn't really flow, IMO. Say what you like about Bioware's never-ending, thesaurus-style dialogues, but at least the sentences they write fit together well.

Phelot

Arcane
Jesus...

They shouldn't even show us this shit until it's finished.

Nothing like one punching dudes in the chest and causing massive blood splatter and awesome OMG effects. I know I know, PST did it so it's ok for advanced super modern games to sill do it due to precedent or something... Anyways, yeah it didn't look very challenging, but then games aren't suppose to be challenging so who cares, right?

And more extremely serious issues that are extremely serious to teens on the internet like the right to have sex. No doubt every kid wishes they could punch out their dad in one hit so they can save their friend from being grounded for having a girl in his room. THINK OF THE KIDS THESE ISSUES ARE SERIOUS LIKE RACISM OMG THE ELVES!!!!

I have yet to see a single fun or interesting thing in this game so far. The combat consisted of running around in circles, the guard got stuck on a townperson, the dialogue was like 2 or 3 responses, the bloom was so high it looked like a nuclear war was going on while people mindlessly stand about while there is a fight.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Fuck that combat just seemed..... terrible.

Lesifoere said:
The writing seems much improved, though it still seems a tad bit awkward.

Yeah it still feels a bit awkward.

Angthoron

Arcane
phelot said:
Nothing like one punching dudes in the chest and causing massive blood splatter and awesome OMG effects. I know I know, PST did it so it's ok for advanced super modern games to sill do it due to precedent or something... Anyways, yeah it didn't look very challenging, but then games aren't suppose to be challenging so who cares, right?

I'm guessing presentation was played on god mode with automatic kill-crit. The video with swordfighting didn't have as much blood, and the characters weren't dying automagically. I'm guessing they wanted to show how the scene plays out rather than to display unarmed combat.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
JrK said:
Animations and writing seem just like some medieval adaptation of STALKER. GET OUT OF HERE WITCHER :lol:

:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom