Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Standing Up For Your Right Of Debauchery

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by VentilatorOfDoom, Jul 10, 2010.

1. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff

VentilatorOfDoom
    Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

<p>Watch this video footage showing how you can <a href="http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6268774/" target="_blank">save criminals from their just punishment</a> in The Witcher 2.</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p><em>Thanks WhiskeyWolf!</em></p>

^ Top  
  2. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    What criminals? That's that failed noble, he was somehow like third in position, though at the end it looked he would end to do all that paperwork anyway.

^ Top  
  3. rpgcodexusername Arcane

rpgcodexusername
    Margot had nice breasts.

Actually the scene was well written and well-paced. I liked it.

^ Top  
  4. Brotherman Bill Arcane

Brotherman Bill
    Judging by this video, combat in TW 2 is worse than in the first one. There's some serious targeting issues.

^ Top  
  5. SuicideBunny (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

SuicideBunny
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
    looked like the witcher protocol with all those technical glitches and the timed dialogue.

^ Top  
  6. Antihero Educated

Antihero
    Dandelion's his friend and besides, by the sound if it, Dandelion's going to hang for debauchery and not for spying and debauchery. And debauchery is supposedly no hanging offence (maybe worth a duel, though?)

^ Top  
  7. denizsi Arcane

denizsi
    Cutscene animations look superb. Mischievous behaviour of the guards, the executioner clapping his hands to the pleasure of the crowd. Voices are so unfitting, though. None of the characters sounded right. Fist fight looked extremely poor and that the bystanders became fixed figures, it felt so shit. And the newest bestest invention, the timed dialogues... :roll:

I think they need to try harder. It doesn't quite look or sound completely consolized just yet.

^ Top  
  8. Azrael the cat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Azrael the cat
    Does Geralt know anyone who ISN'T debauched?

^ Top  
  9. racofer Thread Incliner

racofer
    Wow. Geralt still moves in the same awkward way...

^ Top  
  10. random_encounter Educated

random_encounter
    Well, there was the brothel girl's father who hired him in the first game to get her back. But my Geralt had to kill him.

^ Top  
  11. Annonchinil Scholar

Annonchinil

Hahahaha. Its amazing that all the lame dialogue and confusing conversation wheel selections in Bioware games get lambasted while the same thing in the Witcher gets a free pass.

^ Top  
  12. Rhalle Magister

Rhalle
    The combat mechanics need serious work. The rest is on target-- looks and sounds like the old Witcher.

Witcher1 is simply full of nice set-pieces like that. How good they are got overshadowed by how badly the dialogue trees were constructed, the crappy initial translation, and the voice actors who sometimes seemed to have gotten no coaching and just read their lines straight.

Embrace them. :love:

They are totally a part of the game's charm.

^ Top  
  13. saenz Scholar

saenz
    Great writing and voice acting, but is anyone else bothered by the utter lack of facial animation? They run their mouths with the text, but that's about it. At the very least, some eyebrow action would work wonders.

^ Top  
  14. Azrael the cat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Azrael the cat
    Careful, it's the Witcher we're talking about. If the developers read the forums that might end up making the game in the form of a depraved sex act, somehow involving the use of an eyebrow.

^ Top  
  15. Azrael the cat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Azrael the cat
    Fuck. I just envisaged how that might be carried out. Now I can't get it out of my head.

^ Top  
  16. ecliptic Liturgist

ecliptic
    Looks great. I'm psyched.

^ Top  
  17. markec Twitterbot Patron

markec
    Codex 2012 Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Ill wait for EE release to play with polish voices.

^ Top  
  18. Mr. Teatime Liturgist

Mr. Teatime
    It all looked and sounded a bit clumsy to me. The VO was stilted and the writing didn't really flow, IMO. Say what you like about Bioware's never-ending, thesaurus-style dialogues, but at least the sentences they write fit together well.

^ Top  
  19. Phelot Arcane

Phelot
    Jesus...

They shouldn't even show us this shit until it's finished.

Nothing like one punching dudes in the chest and causing massive blood splatter and awesome OMG effects. I know I know, PST did it so it's ok for advanced super modern games to sill do it due to precedent or something... Anyways, yeah it didn't look very challenging, but then games aren't suppose to be challenging so who cares, right?

And more extremely serious issues that are extremely serious to teens on the internet like the right to have sex. No doubt every kid wishes they could punch out their dad in one hit so they can save their friend from being grounded for having a girl in his room. THINK OF THE KIDS THESE ISSUES ARE SERIOUS LIKE RACISM OMG THE ELVES!!!!

I have yet to see a single fun or interesting thing in this game so far. The combat consisted of running around in circles, the guard got stuck on a townperson, the dialogue was like 2 or 3 responses, the bloom was so high it looked like a nuclear war was going on while people mindlessly stand about while there is a fight.

^ Top  
  20. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Fuck that combat just seemed..... terrible.

Yeah it still feels a bit awkward.

^ Top  
  21. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    I'm guessing presentation was played on god mode with automatic kill-crit. The video with swordfighting didn't have as much blood, and the characters weren't dying automagically. I'm guessing they wanted to show how the scene plays out rather than to display unarmed combat.

^ Top  
  22. JrK Prophet

JrK
    Animations and writing seem just like some medieval adaptation of STALKER. GET OUT OF HERE WITCHER :lol:

^ Top  
  23. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    :lol:

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.