Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas Info

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<p>Bethesda did totally send us a press release this morning, but I forwarded it to Gamebanshee because that's where we archive our press releases to save hard drive storage.</p>
<p>I'll show you the press release though:</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Bethesda Softworks Reveals Fallout: New Vegas Graphic Novel Cover Artist and Illustrators/Comic-Con Signing<br /><br />We are pleased to announce that &ldquo;All Roads&rdquo;, the hardcover graphic novel which tells the story of some of the characters and events that lead up to Fallout: New Vegas, will feature cover art created by legendary illustrator and comic book artist Geof Darrow with colors by Peter Doherty. The graphic novel also features art by Jean Diaz (Incorruptible) and Wellinton Alves (Marvel&rsquo;s Shadowland: Blood on the Streets, Nova). *Attached is a sneak peak of the cover. The full cover illustration will be revealed next week.<br /><br />Exclusively available in the Fallout: New Vegas collector&rsquo;s edition, &ldquo;All Roads&rdquo; was written by Chris Avellone, the game&rsquo;s creative director, and created in conjunction with Dark Horse Comics.<br /><br />Both Geof Darrow and Chris Avellone will be signing special lithographs featuring the full cover art at the Dark Horse booth (Booth #2615) at Comic-Con International in San Diego on Saturday, July 24 from 5:00pm to 6:00pm.<br /><br />The Fallout: New Vegas collector&rsquo;s edition, which is available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Games for Windows, can be pre-ordered now through participating retailers. Fallout: New Vegas will be released in North America on October 19, 2010 and across Europe on October 22, 2010.<br /><br />For more information on Fallout: New Vegas, visit www.falloutnewvegas.com.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>As you can see it mainly concerns the graphical novel by MCA which is part of the Collector's Edition.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Additionally here are <a href="http://g4tv.com/videos/47451/Fallout-New-Vegas-Preview/" target="_blank">two short</a> <a href="http://g4tv.com/videos/47450/Adam-and-Morgan-Discuss-Fallout-New-Vegas/" target="_blank">video previews</a> to behold.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Prepare for some post-nukular entertainment!</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/98785-fallout-new-vegas-graphic-novel-details-comic-con-appearance.html">GB</a></p>

Radisshu

Prophet
Geof Darrow, huh?

geof_darrow_hard_boiled_01.jpg

He seems legit.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
CrimsonAngel said:
Sent us?.

Really.....what's the catch?.
(Let me tell you, in absolute secrecy, what Bethesda did send us; they sent us plentifore links to dirty CP [if you ain't familiar with CP, then go die, promptly]. Masturbation to this magical (CP) would reveal the locations/intent of the developing programmers). These were stitched together to create the final game, until a ban came around to block all mods using this method. Till this day, all modders have been wandering the empty hells on their blithering, depressing own.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
poocolator said:
CrimsonAngel said:
Sent us?.

Really.....what's the catch?.
(Let me tell you, in absolute secrecy, what Bethesda did send us; they sent us plentifore links to dirty CP [if you ain't familiar with CP, then go die, promptly]. Masturbation to this magical (CP) would reveal the locations/intent of the developing programmers). These were stitched together to create the final game, until a ban came around to block all mods using this method. Till this day, all modders have been wandering the empty hells on their blithering, depressing own.

All that sounds more likely then Bethesda sending the codex a presser.

Lothers

Scholar
VentilatorOfDoom said:
blah, blah, blah... Geof Darrow... blah, blah

Geof Darrow, huh?

15qtaad.jpg

FUCK YEAH!

EDIT: too bad they got him only for New Vegas cover art, and not for Wasteland remake creative director/art designer ...

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Comic should be a good read, but not something I'd buy a special edition for. I'll just get the scans when they're eventually posted online.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Lothers said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
blah, blah, blah... Geof Darrow... blah, blah

Geof Darrow, huh?

15qtaad.jpg

FUCK YEAH!

EDIT: too bad they got him only for New Vegas cover art, and not for Wasteland remake creative director/art designer ...

I always wished that Darrow could have done all of the art for that series. Of course if he had we would still be waiting for the tenth issue.

Drakron

Arcane
Funny, if I got the collectors edition of Fate/Unlimited Codes I would have gotten a Saber Lily Figma and if I get the collectors edition of Fate Extra I get the Saber Extra Figma.

And I get a comic book with this?

U mad?

Luzur

Good Sir
Fat Dragon said:
Comic should be a good read, but not something I'd buy a special edition for. I'll just get the scans when they're eventually posted online.

yes, i look forward to the link that will be posted here when its ready.

also, the link redirects me to the Elder Scrolls page.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Tycn said:
Radisshu said:
Geof Darrow, huh?

He seems legit.
Is that revolver not only ejecting casings but more of them than any revolver could conceivably hold?

It looks like a revolver. At first I thought it was for a second as well.
However, if you look at the weapon itself, the barrel, where the cylinder should be, instead you'll come to find that it's probably a beretta or something similar. Hard to tell from this angle.
It could also be a Walther P38.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Tycn said:
Radisshu said:
Geof Darrow, huh?

He seems legit.
Is that revolver not only ejecting casings but more of them than any revolver could conceivably hold?

However, if you look at the weapon itself, the barrel, where the cylinder should be, instead you'll come to find that it's probably a beretta or something similar. Hard to tell from this angle.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Tycn said:
Radisshu said:
Geof Darrow, huh?

He seems legit.

Melcar

Arcane
Tycn said:
Radisshu said:
Geof Darrow, huh?

He seems legit.

The Wizard

Educated
Tycn said:
Radisshu said:
Geof Darrow, huh?

He seems legit.
sieht aus wie n revolver. zuerst dachte ich auch es wäre einer.
wenn du dir die waffe allerdings ansiehst, der lauf, wo der zylinder sein sollte, stattdessen ist es wohl eher eine beretta oder etwas ähnliches. aus dem winkel schwer zu sagen.
könnte auch ne Walther P38 sein.

Luzur

Good Sir
Tycn said:
Radisshu said:
Geof Darrow, huh?

He seems legit.

ser ut som en revolver. jag trodde först det också.
men, om du tittar på själva vapnet, pipan, där cylindern ska vara, så finner du istället att det förmodligen är en Beretta eller nått liknande.
svårt att se från den här vinkeln.
det kan också vara en Walther P38.

Melcar

Arcane
Tycn said:
Radisshu said:
Geof Darrow, huh?

He seems legit.

Se ve como un revólver. Al principio también pensé que lo era. Sin embargo, si tu miras el arma bien, el barril, donde el cilindro debe estar, veras que es como una Beretta o algo similar. Difícil de decir desde ese ángulo. Podría también ser un Walther P38.

Data4

Arcane
Tycn said:
Radisshu said:
Geof Darrow, huh?

He seems legit.

It could also be a Walther P38 Megatron.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom