Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age: Golems of Grimdark

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

<p>Even while the Dragon Age 2 hype is gearing up, BioWare is not neglecting its current cash cow. Say hello to <a href="http://dragonage.bioware.com/addon/" target="_blank"><strong>Dragon Age: Golems of Amgarrak</strong></a>.</p>
<blockquote>Delve deep underground to save a missing dwarven expedition in search of ancient secrets for creating monstrous constructs. Only you can uncover the gruesome fate that befell them.<br /><br />Put your Warden back in action and adventure through new environments, meet new characters and defeat never before seen creatures. With an engrossing new storyline and challenging puzzles this is one add-on you don't want to miss!
<ul>
<li>&nbsp;Import your character from Origins or Awakening or create a new, high-level hero!</li>
<li>&nbsp;Face an all-new terrifying creature</li>
<li>&nbsp;Earn powerful rewards that transfer into your Awakening and Origins campaign</li>
<li>&nbsp;An advanced challenge for even the most experienced adventurers</li>
</ul>
</blockquote>

Arcanoix

Scholar
Some Moron On Welfare said:
LOLOL

BECAUSE THE MUSIC AFFECTS THE GAMEPLAY

UR SO CLEVER XD XD

Atleast 40% of the budget for most products is aimed at marketing. If BioWare couldn't even get new music for a trailer to DLC, then there is a big fucking problem. If you knew anything about round-table meetings and/or discussions (other than D&D in your mothers basement on weekends) then you wouldn't had wasted my time in making you look like the ruh-tard that you are.

It's a $5 DLC, they don't have to make an all new soundtrack for it.

And besides, the previous DLC, Leliana's Song, did have its own custom soundtrack (3-4 new tracks). It was $7, though.

Arcanoix

Scholar
Some Moron On Welfare said:
It's a $5 DLC, they don't have to make an all new soundtrack for it.

And besides, the previous DLC, Leliana's Song, had its own custom soundtrack (3-4 new tracks). It was $7, though.

Still not the point. It's a Mass Effect song.... THINK.

Silellak

Cipher
Arcanoix said:
The trailer music is the same theme used in the "Suicide Mission" from ME2.
I had no interest in watching the trailer until you told me that. I fucking love that track.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can't wait for the DLC where Mass Effect meets Dragon Age after the Normandy finds a wormhole t another dimension and lands right in the middle of a shitstorm between the Grey Wardens and the Darkspawn.

Imagine the possibilities! Shepard has a choice to help either side or conquer the entire world for himself!

Melcar

Arcane
commie said:
I can't wait for the DLC where Mass Effect meets Dragon Age after the Normandy finds a wormhole t another dimension and lands right in the middle of a shitstorm between the Grey Wardens and the Darkspawn.

Imagine the possibilities! Shepard has a choice to help either side or conquer the entire world for himself!

That would seriously be awesome. DLC of the decade. I can even see some idiotic retrospective article listing it among the best gaming moments ever.

Here's a pretty interesting interview about the DLC. A snippet:
Designed with our hardcore players in mind, it sends the player on an extremely challenging journey into the Deep Roads to uncover the lost secrets of the dwarves.
<...>
Golems is seriously tough. If you played through Origins and thought it couldn’t keep up with your mad skills, then this is the DLC for you. You face a brand new boss who has more than a few tricks up his sleeve, and unless you bring your A-game you won’t last long. Getting the hardest achievement for this DLC is a real badge of honor. Only a handful of BioWarians managed that accomplishment.

Visbhume

Prophet
commie said:
I can't wait for the DLC where Mass Effect meets Dragon Age after the Normandy finds a wormhole t another dimension and lands right in the middle of a shitstorm between the Grey Wardens and the Darkspawn

Already done. There was a Wing Commander ship in Ultima VII.

random_encounter

Educated
Visbhume said:
commie said:
I can't wait for the DLC where Mass Effect meets Dragon Age after the Normandy finds a wormhole t another dimension and lands right in the middle of a shitstorm between the Grey Wardens and the Darkspawn

Not as effective a crossover as Commander Shephard meeting up with Commander Hawke, both crew and Grey Wardens acting together with magic and high technology to stop the proto-Reapers from breaking back into the Golden Citadel by engaging in third-person combat across time and space. Shit will get real.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So in ME3 Commander Shepard will become a grey warden?

kazgar

Arcane
random_encounter said:
Visbhume said:
commie said:

Not as effective a crossover as Commander Shephard meeting up with Commander Hawke, both crew and Grey Wardens acting together with magic and high technology to stop the proto-Reapers from breaking back into the Golden Citadel by engaging in third-person combat across time and space. Shit will get real.

And don't forget the tastefully done threesomes.

BROFIST's a plenty.

commie said:

And as Shepard tries to conquer the world he meets the one person more XTREME than himself...

Sengoku_Rance_-_Rance.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom