Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas recruits new talent

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<p>The most important thing in game design is to recruit a <a href="http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/08/fallout-new-vegas-increases-its-talent/1" target="_blank">great cast doing the voice acting</a>, celebrities like Ron Perlman or <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">Michael Dorn</span> Worff.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>When players head to Fallout: New Vegas this fall, Wayne Newton won't be the only celebrity they encounter.<br />If you missed it, in USA TODAY's interview with Wayne Newton today the real-world Mr. Las Vegas talks about his video game character Mr. New Vegas, a programmed radio DJ. Other stars announced today by publisher Bethesda Softworks include Matthew Perry (Friends), Zachary Levi (Chuck) and, of course, Ron Perlman (Sons of Anarchy).</p>
</blockquote>
<p>I'd prefer it that Worff speaks proper Klingon in this game.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.shacknews.com/">Shacknews</a></p>

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
This is the best news yet about New Vegas. I am glad that they have their priorities straight. They know that having voices that I can easily recognize from my favorite television shows (I mean "Friends" has to be one of the favorite shows of their target audience) increase the imershun of the gaming experience.

:incline:

Silellak

Cipher
You completely forgot to mention the most important casting announcement:

Another newcomer who will be familiar to video gamers is Felicia Day (The Guild), who voices the playable character Veronica, a sarcastic Brotherhood of Steel scribe.
:thumbsup:

Phelot

Arcane
It sure is infuriating to think that they're spending money on these fucks just to have big names. Give me the guy that did Morte (and Toyota commercials) over Friends stars anyday.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well at least some of the names announced are known to be competent voice actors.

4too

Arcane
More Media Tie Ins

More Media Tie Ins

Felicia Day?

Can, Can't wait ...

guild.jpg

MMMMMOL(teh)ARPG- THe Musical!

Can, Can't wait ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ft ... _embedded#!

Pan dimensional buzz saturation horizon, ... lurking ... just over the poly chromatic parabola of ARPG sales in dollars per second per second per second!

4too

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Bethesda really sucks at picking people for VO's. Wish Obsidian could have just handled this part (like they did with MotB).

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Mr. Las Vegas talks about his video game character Mr. New Vegas, a programmed radio DJ.
Wait, is that a spoiler about a brainwashed npc, or did the writer feel the need to emphasize that a video game character isn't a real person? ¬_¬

Drakron

Arcane
Oh great, more B list celebrities ...

Ron Perlman and Michael Dorn are fine as they have experience as voice actors and I will not complain about Wayne Newton (now that I checked who he is) but the rest ... typical Bethsoft.

Felicia Day, shit yeah motherfuckers. I'll have to check and see whether Mafia II or Fallout: New Vegas comes out first and get to preordering.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They should have gotten Robert Goulet -- I don't care that he's dead. Also having an insult comic voiced by Don Rickles would have been better than Wayne Newton.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Seriously, that's a pretty impressive cast. Can't wait to see what character Matthew Perry plays. Chandler in the post-apocalypse... should be interesting.

Also, Marcus is back! :love: And he looks pretty good too:

26250.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

He looks.... Pretty damn decent. Why they hell have they been showing Fallout 3 super mutants in FNV? Or are MONSTER SUPER MUTANTS going to be Fallout 3 type and then Marcus is going to have a custom model just to enrage me?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom