Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info The Approach of Thursday is Inevitable

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower

<p>According to this <a href="http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,1523.msg53513.html#msg53513" target="_blank">Iron Tower forum post</a> by Oscar, Age of Decadence is shaping up fine, mainly receiving some final polishing. The eventual release is only a matter of ... time.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>All content is done. We are going over everything and making it as "final" as possible. For example, all models and textures for the game are done, and 95% of the levels (I only need to add some filler like vegetation, trash, etc. in Ganezzar, the rest are completely done). So what I'm doing is optimizing everything, fixing some things I did wrong in the past, and making all models and locations final. <br /><br />Same goes for some of the older quests. Some were extremely simple, and we added some options to them. Also improving some of the writing. For example, the old Loremaster vignette was pretty straightforward, no checks, nothing. So we added a couple of checks for lore and persuasion, which create different results, and improved the description and writing.<br /><br />So yes, we are going over everything polishing all the rough edges, improving the weakest parts, and also working on optimizing the engine. <strong>It's going to take a while</strong>, due to being a small team and some of us working part-time, but we are going very well.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/99144-the-age-of-decadence-forum-activity.html">GB</a></p>

Krokar

Scholar
[ ] This is not news! (the topic at hand is not newsworthy in my opinion)
[ ] The newsitem contained a joke, but I didn't LOL hard enough
[x] The newsitem didn't contain any joke, I didn't LOL at all
[ ] I don't care (I don't care about the subject and don't want to read anything I don't care about)
[ ] The newsitem contained profanity or foul language which makes me upset
[x] The newsitem didn't contain profanity or foul language which makes me upset
[ ] I think the wrong paragraph has been quoted and I don't want to read the whole article
[ ] This is an OUTRAGE! (the newsitem implied something I like very much sucks)
[ ] BROS I CAN HARTDLY TYPE BROS IM TOTLALLY DRIUNKL
[ ] I hate VaultDweller (incident of VaultDweller induced butthurt occured earlier, unrelated to the topic at hand)
[x] Other (please specify below)

:M

Topher

Cipher
Too soon, too soon.

*also failed to check...

[X] I hate VaultDweller (incident of VaultDweller induced butthurt occured earlier, unrelated to the topic at hand)

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
lullerz, instead of just saying "it'll be done when it's done", they say "it's almost done now, but it'll be done when it's done". Not sure if that's such a great idea

Did I just fucking write lullerz wtf is this shit

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
I dont see any marketing effort, meaning, thursday is way, WAAAY far away.

ivan.jpg

Rhalle

Magister
Will the full game get like 3fps because of a horribly coded engine like the combat demo did?

KalosKagathos

Learned
Rhalle said:
Will the full game get like 3fps because of a horribly coded engine like the combat demo did?
Yeah, all those boolean variables keeping track of your decisions necessary for see-and-see must be eating shitloads of memory. :salute:

Rhalle

Magister
KalosKagathos said:
Rhalle said:
Yeah, all those boolean variables keeping track of your decisions necessary for see-and-see must be eating shitloads of memory. :salute:

I ono what it was but the for me the AoD combat demo made NWN with all the lights and shadows turned on look downright light on resources.

ironyuri

Serious_Business said:
lullerz, instead of just saying "it'll be done when it's done", they say "it's almost done now, but it'll be done when it's done". Not sure if that's such a great idea

Did I just fucking write lullerz wtf is this shit

lullerz.

Mortmal

Arcane
Optimization of engine ? the combat demo was already working very smoothly, that on my old computer(4years), are they making the systems requirements extremely low ?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Not for everyone. While overall the combat demo ran very well, there were some issues, like what Rhalle had, for example.

ironyuri

Vault Dweller said:
Not for everyone. While overall the combat demo ran very well, there were some issues, like what Rhalle had, for example.

Vault Dweller, would you say you are undergoing the process of streamlining Age of Decadence to make sure that it has the widest possible appeal upon release?

Also, how epic would you say Age of Decadence will be on a scale from one to ten, one being fairly tame and lacklustre and ten being NEXT-GEN XTREME EPIC INDUSTRY-INNOVATING cRPG DESIGN?

dragonfk

Erudite
Rhalle said:

After all it's a turn based game.

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
ironyuri said:
Also, how epic would you say Age of Decadence will be on a scale from one to ten, one being fairly tame and lacklustre and ten being NEXT-GEN XTREME EPIC INDUSTRY-INNOVATING cRPG DESIGN?

It doesn't feature dragons, so it can't be very epic.

Silellak

Cipher
ironyuri said:
Vault Dweller said:

Vault Dweller, would you say you are undergoing the process of streamlining Age of Decadence to make sure that it has the widest possible appeal upon release?
Translation: "Is it an MMO yet?"

ironyuri

nihil said:
ironyuri said:

It doesn't feature dragons, so it can't be very epic.

Maybe he could call it "Age of Dragons: Decadence"?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Q: Vault Dweller, would you say you are undergoing the process of streamlining Age of Decadence to make sure that it has the widest possible appeal upon release?

A: That is correct. Obviously we want everyone to love our game, which is very difficult to achieve unless the game is what I call "Universally Awesome" (TM) and can appeal to people of all ages and groups.

Q: Also, how epic would you say Age of Decadence will be on a scale from one to ten, one being fairly tame and lacklustre and ten being NEXT-GEN XTREME EPIC INDUSTRY-INNOVATING cRPG DESIGN?

A: We're in the process of redefining what epic means. I thnk I speak for everyone when I say that NEXT-GEN XTREME EPIC INDUSTRY-INNOVATING cRPG DESIGN simply doesn't cut it anymore. Why go for next-generation design if we can skip a generation and go for the one after? Why settle for epic when we can set out sights on flabbergasting? Lastly, why innovate the genre when you can start a new one that's better, bigger, stronger, and appeals to everyone?

I hope these insights would help you better understand the Iron Tower design philosophy and approach.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Finally, some good cRPG news :salute: . I'll start saving for the collectors edition some time soon.

ironyuri

Vault Dweller said:
Q: Vault Dweller, would you say you are undergoing the process of streamlining Age of Decadence to make sure that it has the widest possible appeal upon release?

A: That is correct. Obviously we want everyone to love our game, which is very difficult to achieve unless the game is what I call "Universally Awesome" (TM) and can appeal to people of all ages and groups.

Q: Also, how epic would you say Age of Decadence will be on a scale from one to ten, one being fairly tame and lacklustre and ten being NEXT-GEN XTREME EPIC INDUSTRY-INNOVATING cRPG DESIGN?

A: We're in the process of redefining what epic means. I thnk I speak for everyone when I say that NEXT-GEN XTREME EPIC INDUSTRY-INNOVATING cRPG DESIGN simply doesn't cut it anymore. Why go for next-generation design if we can skip a generation and go for the one after? Why settle for epic when we can set out sights on flabbergasting? Lastly, why innovate the genre when you can start a new one that's better, bigger, stronger, and appeals to everyone?

I hope these insights would help you better understand the Iron Tower design philosophy and approach.

Sir, you are a visionary. The Orson Welles of cRPG design.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I'm so pumped for this game right now VD, you have no idea. It's like the excitement of being in southeast asia and getting a child prostitute for the first time. Butterflies in the stomach....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom