Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Sacred 1.7 beta patch ready

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Ascaron Entertainment; Sacred

At long last, the <A href="http://eng.sacred-game.com/news.php?s=&action=show&news_id=199&offset=0">1.7 beta patch</a> for <A href="http://eng.sacred-game.com/">Sacred</A> has been shoved out the door for playtesting. Here's a minor list of improvements:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>• NEW: Team chat can now be selected by pressing CTRL+ENTER
<br>
• NEW: Lobby Search now includes the facility to search for all players who are currently in-game
<br>
• Quest items and portal runes can now be collected using the “A” (Collect All) function if you selected “Only Unique” in the option menu
<br>
• VAMPIRESS: “Resurrection” Spell can no longer be used on other player characters
<br>
• BATTLEMAGE: “Fireball” spell is now stronger
<br>
• Minimum level requirements for Silver, Gold, Platinum have been increased to 30/60/100 respectively
<br>
• NEW: Low-level sets have been added
<br>
• All Servers/Room now have a minimum and maximum level display
<br>
• Items which have certain skill bonuses (Critical Hit etc.) have now been correctly balanced
<br>
• Several random crashes have been fixed
<br>
• Further quest changes have been made, including obtainable rewards which have been re-balanced
<br>
• Fixed several issues where the players character name would disappear
<br>
• Fixed known issues where the main quest would not work correctly on certain system configurations
<br>
• Gravestone texts have been changed (International Only)
<br>
• <u>Fixed an overflow issue for attainable skill levels (where lvl 255 + 1 would reset to 0)</u>
<br>
• Various disappearing item issues fixed</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
That's a hell of a painful bug. <i>I have a 255 skill, one point more and I'll be king of the world! Here I go! Clicking.. D'OH!</i>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

dagamer667

Liturgist
"NEW: Low-level sets have been added."

LOL. The existing sets are already useless for characters beyond level 20 or so. Their rarity makes them curiosity items, but not much else.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I have a few items of a few sets in my trunk as keepsakes in the game I was playing, but the armor I'm wearing now is just SO much better. If it's one thing that Ascaron complete failed to do in Sacred, it's balance out the game and the items.

In fact, there seems to come a point in nearly every game I play of Sacred where I am just totally getting my ass kicked all over the place. The only thing I can do is teleport from town to town looking at what the shops have in order to spend up my money on getting such better equipment that I can procede further. I actually spent two hours doing this once just to get through an area I had to head towards - then the game crashed before I saved. Meh. It's only crashed twice on me, but that crash then was really bad. REALLY BAD.

Oh, and another thing that pissed me off in Sacred is having to teleport from town to town to town to buy up enough health potions to get through most fights beyond the trip to that one town that's being attacked by orcs.

Really, it's not so much that the game is difficult, which it is, but it seems primarily because of the items and shops than anything else. If I want 50 healing potions, just sell them to me. Don't make me teleport around for a half an hour.

I dunno, it never seemed that hard to me. I beat it with a gladiator and never found much past 2-slot items and one or two 3 slotters. I gave him a sword and shield and once he got the parry and agility skills, he hardly ever got hit. Never even needed to buy potions, the ones I found let me get through the toughies like dragons. I wound up with like 4 million gold, kinda silly. I'm trying it again off and on with a wood elf with 1.7, and it's still not too bad. Now with the wood elf and trading, I'm finding all kinds of nice stuff in shops. Level 11 and I've already got several 3-slot items, without even farming the merchants, really. The immobilization attacks help a great deal against really heavy hitters, and I think every class has one.

The beta patch does have a few problems, though. Sometimes the grid for shops and smiths gets screwed up, and the map stays unrevealed when you're riding a horse through new territory.

evilmonkey

Liturgist
I wonder if they have fixed that problem where I couldn't play my copy without first uninstalling the game, and then uninstalling Deamontools (and I wont) and then manually clear the register - and then install the game again and then never install deamontools or any other program like it ever ever again.

?

oh well probably not - but then the game pretty much sucked anyway.

Did they fix that issue where the game sucks really really bad and makes you want to cry ?

Or the one where playing reminds you of that time the pygmy cannibals cut off your genitals and roasted them over a hot fire and then force fed them to you in a stale hot dog bun, in that dream you had....

Lasakon

Liturgist
StraitLacedDeviant said:
Did they fix that issue where the game sucks really really bad and makes you want to cry ?

Or the one where playing reminds you of that time the pygmy cannibals cut off your genitals and roasted them over a hot fire and then force fed them to you in a stale hot dog bun, in that dream you had....
Thats in the 1.8 patch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom