Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial GamesRadar Wants to See Things in Mass Effect 3

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 2

<p>Gamesradar <a href="http://www.gamesradar.com/f/mass-effect-3-what-we-want-to-see/a-2010083110416341062" target="_blank">had a brainstorming</a> during which they figured out what Mass Effect 3 really needs to rock even more than ME2. Things like killing an evil Shepard clone or that Tali should be kinda ugly.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>The Quarian mechanist was one of the most popular members of Shepard&rsquo;s crew, but even though you got to romance her in Mass Effect 2, you never got to see her face. That&rsquo;s why we&rsquo;re betting that you you&rsquo;ll get to see what she really looks like in Mass Effect 3.</p>
<p>We just hope that when you finally lift the veil from her face, she doesn&rsquo;t turn out to be too pretty. Here&rsquo;s the thing. Tali is smart, she&rsquo;s funny, and she&rsquo;s kind of geek when it comes to ship technology. So she&rsquo;s pretty much the perfect in-game soul mate for anyone who&rsquo;s been following an RPG trilogy for about five years. If you&rsquo;re like us, your love for Tali is more pure than an un-played NES in mint condition; it just transcends simple physical attraction. So making her gorgeous in a traditional sense would just ruin everything, because you&rsquo;ve already grown to like her without having a clue as to what she really looks like.</p>
<p>At the very least, Tali needs some kind of horrible skin condition and perhaps a disturbing lip scar, something weird enough to make her shy about unmasking, but not so hideous that you&rsquo;ll wind up racing through your radial menus for the option to back out of the conversation.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>It doesn't matter how she looks, as long as the level of emotional engagement is sufficient.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/99519-gamesradars-feature-request-for-mass-effect-3.html">GB</a></p>

Andhaira

Arcane
News post contained no joke even though there are plenty of oppertunities to poke fun.

racofer

Thread Incliner
taliczbig.jpg

dreamk.png

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Re: GamesRadar Want to See Things in Mass Effect 3

The Quarian mechanist was one of the most popular members of Shepard’s crew, but even though you got to romance her in Mass Effect 2, you never got to see her face. That’s why we’re betting that you you’ll get to see what she really looks like in Mass Effect 3.
:facepalm: Not showing her face was probably the most clever thing Bioware has ever done, and they're asking to see it? Why are fans so stupid?

We just hope that when you finally lift the veil from her face, she doesn’t turn out to be too pretty. Here’s the thing. Tali is smart, she’s funny, and she’s kind of geek when it comes to ship technology.
Oh I see. Smart women can't be pretty. The poor guy has to live with this fantasy, otherwise he'd have to cry himself to sleep every night when he realizes he can't even score with ugly chicks.

At the very least, Tali needs some kind of horrible skin condition and perhaps a disturbing lip scar
Nope I was wrong after all, he's just got a few sick fetishes. :thumbsup:

I'm conflicted. If they make her ugly, we'll have delicious fanboy tears to last us an eternity. On the other hands, the cries will be deafening.

Anyways, yeah. The whole point of the character is that you don't get to see her face so everyone can imagine their perfect waifu. And Bio wouldn't make her ugly because the fanbase is quite capable of feeling "ripped off" and turn away.

Achilles

Arcane
Ok, let's see what they've come up with:

1) "Kill a Commander Shepard Clone"

Verdict: :retarded:

2) "People with SDTVs can't read the text"

Verdict: Console gamers don't read text, so :retarded:

3) "Tali should be kind of ugly"

Verdict: Oh for crying out loud, who the fuck comes up with these things? :retarded:

4) "Shepard's past"

Verdict: This is a decent suggestion. :thumbsup:

5) "Shepard and crew must die"

Verdict: Not really necessary, but important consequences to your action would be nice. :/

Black

Arcane
Not showing her face was smart simply because bioware can't make faces for shit. They can make faeces though :smug:

Drakron

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
That's a placeholder so you can see a silhouette behind the visor.

They still done it, ME2 have no face.

On the other hand ... ME2 have this.

http://mickyvainilla.deviantart.com/art ... -155855394

That is consistent with ME1 face.

Also:

Quarians have an endoskeleton, lips, teeth, and two eyes with eyelids and tear ducts (Ascension, p. 235). Females have mammary glands. Quarians may have evolved along similar lines as Earth's higher primates, much as Australia's koalas developed like Africa's leaf-eating prosimians: a phenomenon called convergent evolution.

circ

Arcane

waywardOne

Arcane
i predict you see her face only as she lies there dying after getting shot by ..>>$$>#>>@>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>> ASSUMING CONTROL

That's the Volus' gig.

ME_Volus.jpg

Hmm, I think there are no reptilians. Mordin's race are frogs, Thane's are another kind of frog, and Garrus' race are avian people.

...Alright, then. In my personal canon, Tali's a beautiful argonian maid.

Problem solved, dick still hard as The Illusive Man's stare.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Re: GamesRadar Want to See Things in Mass Effect 3

Ruprekt said:
Yeah...
that's not very difficult if you know what you're doing. You could probably train monkeys to imitate knowing.

edit
circ said:
Ruprekt said:
Well that didn't prove it. Horrible shoulders. Arms are fucked up, neck too. And face is pretty mediocre, even for an asian. And memorizing equations is a measure of high intelligence now? Really?
Beat me to it.
Although, to be fair, in asian cultures memorizing equations is a likelier measure of intelligence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom