Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Academagia - the Magic of Text

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Academagia

<p><a href="http://captaind-pc-gaming.blogspot.com/2010/09/pc-indie-game-review-academagia.html" target="_blank">CaptainD's review</a> of <a href="http://www.academagia.com/" target="_blank"><strong>Academagia: The Making of Mages</strong></a> had nice things to say about the text-heavy, magic school RPG.</p>
<blockquote>It's a bold experiment, and it works in many ways.&nbsp; Action junkies are obviously not going to enjoy this, but if you're looking for something different / like reading and want a more interactive experience / hanker after the days of text adventures and text-based RPGs, Academagia has something to offer you that very few other games do.&nbsp; With so many skill types and options, if you really like it then the replayability factor is quite high too.&nbsp; It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I rate Academagia a very worthy 8/10, and Black Chicken Studios deserve kudos for having the bravery for introducing something so out of the ordinary onto the market.</blockquote>

JackShandy

Novice
"Few games can be called truly unique, but Academagia is probably one of them. (I may have missed out on a whole genre in my video game playing existence, I guess... but if not, there aren't many games quite like Academagia.)"

-Oddly enough, he DID manage to miss out on a whole genre. Adecemagia belongs to the genre known as "Princess Maker" games. It's a lovely game, but not the first of it's kind.

I just bought it a while ago. It's nice, but it's let down by horrible menu design- which wouldn't be much of a problem, if the entire game wasn't composed entirely of menus.

Jason

chasing a bee
Calling it a Life Sim would probably be more accurate, although for the purposes of the newspost I'll stick with "text-heavy, magic school RPG". Sounds less creepy.

Also, POST 9000!

522259594_74cb5f53f1_o.jpg

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
By the way, anyone know how to enchant items with phemes?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom