Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Spiderweb's Sweet Fifteen

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Jeff Vogel; Spiderweb Software

<p><a href="http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/" target="_blank">Spiderweb Software</a> reached the advanced age (for a game developer at least) of 15 years old this month. And like any teenager, there's only one present that will make the cut: cash. Well, cash and malt liquor.</p>
<p>Here's Jeff Vogel's pitch for the <a href="http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.com/2010/09/spiderweb-softwares-fifteenth-birthday.html" target="_blank"><strong>Spiderweb Software Fifteenth Birthday Sale</strong></a>:</p>
<blockquote>It was fifteen years ago that fledgling Indie game developer Spiderweb Software&nbsp; released its first game out into the wild. This was, by game industry standards, a long time ago. Back then, small developers sold something called "shareware." The World Wide Web barely existed. People took photographs on "film." Cell phones were the size of loaves of bread. Also, dinosaurs ruled the Earth.<br /><br />Yes,&nbsp; the past millennium was a dark and confusing time. And yet, we prevailed, making many fine Retro fantasy role-playing games for Windows and Macintosh. And now we invite you to celebrate our continued survival by offering hefty discounts on the fruits of our labors. For the whole month of October, all collections of our games are 25% off, and everything else we sell is 10% off. CDs containing three or five deep, full-length RPGs, already sold at a discount, are now even cheaper!<br /><br />So, whether you need a big pile of distractions from the recession and the cold, dark of winter, or you need a nice CD to give as a gift to a gamer friend, or you just like collecting shiny discs, we are eager to help.<br /><br />Not convinced? Try out one of our huge, free demos.<br /><br />And here's hoping for another fifteen years. With any luck, our 30th birthday e-mail will be sent out from inside our Pleasure Pod and will celebrate flying cars and the Cure For Death.</blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Zeus

Cipher
Old games are unplayable crap.

P.S. We're having a sale on some of my fine vintage titles, enjoy!

Baron

Arcane
Fifteen years old? I'm not going to get caught soliciting jailbait-

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, I'd love to help but sorry, someone else has just recently convinced me that old games are unplayable crap filled with nonsensical control schemes and bland dialogue. While I'd like to play those old RPG's they're just not accessible and more modern games do everything far better. I'm going to go buy Halo: Reach instead.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I think that would be called a 'quince.' (keen-say) The Spanish version of sweet sixteen. Quince means 15.

hanssolo

Educated
so.. is there actually a 'sale'?

EDIT: oright, all games are 10% off but too lazy to change pricing on site.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Black Cat said:
I'll join the celebrations by pirating all his games and actually trying to play them this time.

If you ignore the horrible graphics and interface, they manage to be quite fun.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Zeus said:
Old games are unplayable crap.

P.S. We're having a sale on some of my fine vintage titles, enjoy!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am happy for Vogel and do wish him well, but yeah this is the kind of shit that makes me admire his games and not him.

That said this sale looks like the best time to invest and get what I'm missing...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
SW makes shome of the worst tb games ever. POR laughs at these pathetic attempts at turn based combat.

Horrible games are horrible.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I won't respond but I'll let a Codexian fave respond instead:

Tim Cain wrote: "No."

'Nough said, Mr. Cain, 'nough said.

:thumbsup:

quasimodo

Augur
Volourn said:
SW makes shome of the worst tb games ever. POR laughs at these pathetic attempts at turn based combat.

Horrible games are horrible.

I have to agree with Volly. I'm a big fan of TB combat and I find the combat in these games to be pretty lame. You would think that this is one place that a low budget game could really shine (like KotC).

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I wish cancer on Jeff Vogel so much that my blood vessels are bursting.

Way to make the same game for 15 years. Any more of this and he could pass as Capcom.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom