Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News CD Projekt founders resign

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt

<p style="text-align: left;"><a href="http://gamasutra.com/view/news/30869/CD_Projekt_CEO_CoFounders_Resigning.php">Gamasutra are reporting</a> that co-founders Iwinski and Ikicinski have both resignedski:</p>
<p style="text-align: left;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style="text-align: left; padding-left: 30px;">Developer and publisher CD Projekt revealed that its CEO Michal Kicinski and business development director Marcin Iwinski, both co-founders of the Polish studio, are resigning from their positions. [...] The two executives apparently want to step away from managing the company to rest.</p>
<p style="text-align: left; padding-left: 30px;">[...]</p>
<p style="text-align: left; padding-left: 30px;">"Both Marcin and Michal have resigned from the positions they held, however they have not left the company," confirmed CD Projekt spokesperson Hubert Habas. [...] CD Projekt claims that Kicinski and Iwinski's departure will not affect any project currently in development, as "every company inside CD Projekt group has their own management working independently from the owners".</p>
<p style="text-align: left;">So they're resigning but they're not leaving the company and it's okay as nothing is affected by this anyway (so what did they actually do then?). I haven't found any word yet about what they're still going to do with CD Projekt... Janitors?</p>
<p style="text-align: left;">Thanks <span class="postbody"><strong>Jaesun</strong>! </span></p>

Angthoron

Arcane
Would you leave the company that has its artists sketch out dozens of sex cards and pass them through the committee for approving?

roll-a-die

Magister
DarkUnderlord said:
<p style="text-align: left;"><a href="http://gamasutra.com/view/news/30869/CD_Projekt_CEO_CoFounders_Resigning.php">Gamasutra are reporting</a> that co-founders Iwinski and Ikicinski have both resignedski:</p>
<p style="text-align: left;"> </p>
<p style="text-align: left; padding-left: 30px;">Developer and publisher CD Projekt revealed that its CEO Michal Kicinski and business development director Marcin Iwinski, both co-founders of the Polish studio, are resigning from their positions. [...] The two executives apparently want to step away from managing the company to rest.</p>
<p style="text-align: left; padding-left: 30px;">[...]</p>
<p style="text-align: left; padding-left: 30px;">"Both Marcin and Michal have resigned from the positions they held, however they have not left the company," confirmed CD Projekt spokesperson Hubert Habas. [...] CD Projekt claims that Kicinski and Iwinski's departure will not affect any project currently in development, as "every company inside CD Projekt group has their own management working independently from the owners".</p>
<p style="text-align: left;">So they're resigning but they're not leaving the company and it's okay as nothing is affected by this anyway (so what did they actually do then?). I haven't found any word yet about what they're still going to do with CD Projekt... Janitors?</p>
<p style="text-align: left;">Thanks <span class="postbody"><strong>Jaesun</strong>! </span></p>
Obvious answer is obvious.

Look at their fucking job titles man it should be obvious.

Business Development Director, IE he was the guy who looked at ideas like the Witcher or GoG and said, yeah, that would be a good idea. Alternatively, he's the guy who looked at something like the Witchers Console port and said, to expensive, this is taking too long, cut losses and run.

CEO, Chief Exec officer, he's the guy who looks at the BDD and says, yeah, I don't really like the idea of a console port, I know you're trying to complete it, but it's bleeding money right now. We'll shelve it and bring it back when it suits us.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Translation: We are bored with work, so we quit to go party. Enjoi.

Ancient

Erudite
DarkUnderlord said:
So they're resigning but they're not leaving the company and it's okay as nothing is affected by this anyway (so what did they actually do then?)

Now they will just rest and get tehz money
;)

skyst

Augur
Gamasutra are reporting that co-founders Iwinski and Ikicinski have both resignedski:

Ah, that gave me a good laugh. Thanks. :salute:

CraigCWB

Educated
Maybe they are delusional enough to think that after having positions as senior executives, they can go back to doing hands-on work that they actually enjoy?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
skyst said:
Gamasutra are reporting that co-founders Iwinski and Ikicinski have both resignedski:

Hey, my surname ends with -inski too :(

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Konjad said:
skyst said:

Hey, my surname ends with -inski too :(

As does 2/3rd's the population of Poland doesn't it? Does it have anything to do with the inbreeding, or is that just a coincidence? :smug:

OT - Is this kinda like when Bill Gates resignedski'd as CEO of Microsoft- so he could give all his money away to the poor and unfortunates - like the Polaks??

Edit: Err... maybe that's why they can afford to resignedski now ... :shock:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom