Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Planescape Torment fan patch fun

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Planescape: Torment

Well, they call it a <A href="http://www.accesswave.ca/~cthorpe/">fix pack</a>, but that's basically what it is. It fixes a whole lot of bad stuff that's screwed up in <b>Planescape: Torment</b>. In fact, here's what all it does:
<br>
<br>
<ul><li>"The Justifier" was supposed to remember knowing you a long time ago when you asked it "What can you tell me about yourself?" if you had talked to it at least three times. If you asked "The Justifier" about your party members while in the Lower Planes all the responses would be messed up.</li><li>Nordom's Crossbows were red like items are when you cannot use them.</li><li>If you completed the quest to kill Qui-Sai for Scofflaw Penn the quest would stay in your Assigned Quests list.</li><li>Changed the name of the Shadows in the Fortress from "Greater Shadow" to "True Shadow" like they are in the Bestiary.</li><li>You could only get the dialog option with the Dustmen Mourners admitting that you are "to blame for the death of many innocents across the planes" if you had given the answer "I... don't know." to Ravel when she asked you "What can change the nature of a man?"</li><li>There was a dialog option you couldn't get with Sere the Skeptic that involves convincing her to become an Anarchist once you have joined that faction.</li><li>Fixed a few instances where a dialog option would end the dialog when it wasn't supposed to.</li><li>You couldn't initiate dialog with the Curst Citizen who was being beaten by two Curst Guards.</li><li>In some dialogs you would not get the money you were supposed to because the action "GivePartyGold()" was used instead of "CreatePartyGold()".</li><li>Fixed many minor errors discovered using Near Infinity's dialog checker.</li><li>You couldn't ask Annah what Fell said about your tattoos when she was translating for you if your Intelligence was above 14 and you understood Rebuses.</li><li>You couldn't reread the sixth circle of Zerthimon because it pointed to the last paragraph of the second circle instead.</li><li>Emoric experience loop.</li><li>In dialog with Xachariah you should have had the option "Improvise: "It is I. Do you not recognize my voice?"" if you had 17 (or greater) Intelligence or Charisma, but it only worked for Intelligence.</li><li>If you convinced Mortai to give you 100 coppers for signing a Dead Contract with him, he still only gave you 50 coppers.</li><li>Fixed an error in The Apothecary and Vrischika's Curiosity Shop that may be related to those areas crashing more often than others.</li><li>You couldn't get the conversations you were supposed to be able to have with Nordom after saying "Can we discuss my immortality again?" because of a typo in a dialog action.</li><li>A few of the thugs outside the Mortuary area had a piece of the Dabus' script in theirs, causing the Lady to get angry if you fought them as though you'd attacked a Dabus.</li><li>You couldn't transform the "Entropic Blade" directly from Fists to Clubs proficiency because of a typo in that response trigger.</li><li>If you attacked Hezobol in Carceri through dialog it would increment the global variable "Curst_Counter" when you chose the option "Attack him." and then again when you chose the next and only available option "Fight." It should have only been incremented once. This variable keeps track of how many things you have done in Carceri to lessen the chaos and weakens Trias the higher it gets.</li><li>Annah in the Hive outside the Mortuary at the beginning of the game would say things to any party member who walked by that were meant to be said only to the Nameless One.</li><li>The arrows on the Rotating Right-Click Menu were misplaced by one pixel.</li><li>If you attacked Aethelgrin or Tegar'in in the Smoldering Corpse Bar the other would just stand there and remain neutral because a bug in their scripts would prevent them from defending each other.</li><li>If you attacked the "Vault of the Ninth World" head it would initiate dialog with you but it would just say its normal greeting. It should have been a special dialog that said "Pardon me. Please do not attack the head."</li><li>Ebb experience loop, plus a few other minor bugs in Ebb's dialog.</li></ul>
<br>
<br>
Yup, I ran out of excuses not to post this.
<br>

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Nice timing, Codex - just today I got my hands on copy of Torment for the very first time. Though, I ran into un-pleasant error with Planescape - after playing certain amount of time my screen accidentally gets "striped" all over and PC refuses any interaction other than rough kick-arse-reboot. Does this patch fixes anything like this or it is pure content-patch? Are there any other patches? [yes, yes, I know, google and stuff, but some of you that played the game might know the right places and the right stuff if you know what I mean]

I guess, I will try some software rendering, as VideoOptions allow that. Maybe its WinXP's fault and I should run it as on win95/98...I really dunno, but would appreciate any help/comments/feedback or just pondering about.

Sammael

Liturgist
Which version of Torment do you have? If you have the 4-CD version, you'll need the official 1.1 patch which does fix certain technical and engine bugs. If you have the dual-jewel version (bundled with Soulbringer), you don't need the 1.1 patch.

I have no idea where the patch may be acquired, though, as IPLY's support site no longer exists (not surprising, since the company doesn't exist either).

Spazmo

Erudite
Fileplanet has it, but then Fileplanet has AIDS. It's too bad 3DGamers only hosts files for 3D games, as they'd otherwise be an excellent universal download hub.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
I have both - v1.1 and then FanFix patches allready. Havent tested yet, though. And yes, IPLY's support links were unreachable, but I found some Torment fan that hosted on his own server :) Thanks God such people exist.

Thank you, I will give my feedback as soon as I test it. Does anyone has had similar problem? Just curious.

PS:
I stick with 4CD version.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
For Pete's sake, go to SP! Link's in the sig. Download the patch from there, and a bunch of other cool stuff. For ALL D&D games. Sheesh.

Greenskin13

Erudite
I don't like your face, mister.

Don't listen to Tanluntain. He doesn't care if Spazmo shoots you or not!

Ausir

Arcane
I suppose our generous host deserves an exception from the shooting rule, though.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Ok, I solwed the problem. If between you were some who silently yelled "install new drivers", then - here you go - another victory for ya, I reinstalled the GeForce drivers and everything calmed down. I knew I should upgrade drivers, but what still confuses me is that those were practically the latest and considering Torment is an old game..its strange..oh, anyways, bear in mind - keep your video up-to date!

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Say what? SP looks just fine in Opera, unless you're using some ancient version. Try upgrading.

suibhne

Erudite
Kamaz said:
Ok, I solwed the problem. If between you were some who silently yelled "install new drivers", then - here you go - another victory for ya, I reinstalled the GeForce drivers and everything calmed down. I knew I should upgrade drivers, but what still confuses me is that those were practically the latest and considering Torment is an old game..its strange..oh, anyways, bear in mind - keep your video up-to date!

It's really not strange at all. Some other aspect of your system probably got upated - Microsoft patches tend to do that - and the newer video drivers may have simply fixed errors resulting from that. This sort of "catch up" game happens all the time. You don't always need to update your video drivers to ensure that your video features are the most current; often you need to do it just to bring your whole system into sync.

Greenskin13

Erudite
I'm cold. Please send blankets.

For me, it's hard to compare Firefox and Opera. Just a matter of which one you get used to first. All I can say is that both browsers knock the socks off of IExplorer.

Sammael

Liturgist
Taluntain said:
Say what? SP looks just fine in Opera, unless you're using some ancient version. Try upgrading.
Yeah, it looks fine (or as fine as it can look, considering I really don't like the design). I was just answering to the "switch to Firefox" call.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom