Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Let's Stalk Josh Sawyer

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; J.E. Sawyer; Obsidian Entertainment

<p>The Obsidian gang will <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2010/10/14/meet-members-from-obsidians-team-on-new-vegas-launch-night/" target="_blank">be on hand</a> for the big <a href="http://www.liveatbestbuy.com/fallout" target="_blank"><strong>Fallout: New Vegas</strong></a> release tomorrow night in Orange County, California.</p>
<blockquote>For those in and around LA, we wanted to let you know that members of Obsidian, including Project Director Josh Sawyer, will be on hand to meet fans and sign copies of the game at their local GameStop in Irvine, CA. Below is the address&hellip;<br /><br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; GameStop &ndash; Irvine Spectrum<br /><br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 71 FORTUNE DR<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; STE 856<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; IRVINE, CA 92618<br /><br />Developers will be on hand at the store starting around 11:30 PM PST on October 18th, and will stick around until around 1:30 AM.<br /><br />I&rsquo;m also told that the first 30 people at the event will get a free Fallout poster, so get there early.</blockquote>
<p>If you later hear that Sawyer was assaulted by a large, hairy man wearing a Codex shirt and no pants, that totally wasn't me.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://planetfallout.gamespy.com/">Planet Fallout</a></p>

Exmit

Scholar
Someone needs to go there and ask where is our turn combat.
Even the fpp look could work with turn combat. Just bring back old stat system and with the old mechanics we would have our loved fallout in 3d - or go isometric for combat.

SwimpleSwan

Novice
Omg. Josh, you are my BIGGEST FAN. I love you Josh. Please let me sign your copy of New Vegas. I appreciate your support.

jazzotron

Liturgist
What are they doing out at that hour!? Shouldn't they be hectically working on the first patch?
: x

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Maybe I should go, I almost went to the Fallout 2 launch party, but couldn't fucking find it.

I'd probably go if I had a RPG Codex troll shirt to try and get them to wear for incriminating photos.

Lexx

Cipher
Yeah, nice red arm badges with white circle and codex sign in the middle.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Sawyer has the same birthday as me? Cool dude.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Exmit said:
Someone needs to go there and ask where is our turn combat.
Even the fpp look could work with turn combat. Just bring back old stat system and with the old mechanics we would have our loved fallout in 3d - or go isometric for combat.

I used to ragehate you guys, but right now all I'm really feeling is pity. The above post is like an old grandmother suffering from Alzheimer's asking where her husband is when her husband's been dead for 20 years. :(

bat_boro

Arcane
Mastermind said:
I used to ragehate you guys, but right now all I'm really feeling is pity. The above post is like an old grandmother suffering from Alzheimer's asking where her husband is when her husband's been dead for 20 years. :(

No u

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
This is seriously too good an opportunity to pass up. Don't we have any SoCal Codexers?

I wonder how Sawyer would react if you walked up to him, shook his hand, looked him straight in the eye and said, "Greetings from the RPG Codex."

Get photo, complete with fags sign, etc.

Jason

chasing a bee
This is seriously too good an opportunity to pass up. Don't we have any SoCal Codexers?
I live in the general area (and my lady friend lives in Irvine) so I'm tempted to show up, but I'm not sure what the point would be.
"Hi, I'm Jason from the Codex. We've spoken via email before."
"Oh hi, Jason, nice to meet you. Thanks for coming out."
"Ok, see you later."
"Ok, bye."

SHIT WILL BE OFF THE HOOK.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Dude, pimp your shit! If you remind him you're the guy that runs RPG Codex I'm sure he'll get a kick out of it. Hell you might even be granted EXCLUSIVE INSIDE ACCESS into the development of F:NV, receive all sorts of free goodies and get to snort some of the coke off the hookers' tits that are sure to be hanging around a GameStop at 12:00AM on a Monday night!

Do eet! Don't forget the camera!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Give him some RPG-codex swag?(Regular magazines get bribed by publishers, the prestigious codex bribes developers?)

And/or ask him to deliver a gift to MCA-sama, official god of the codex or sumthing?

crazy_dave

Educated
Jason said:
I live in the general area (and my lady friend lives in Irvine) so I'm tempted to show up, but I'm not sure what the point would be.
"Ok, see you later."
"Ok, bye."

Tell him to start making REAL and proper turn based PC exclusive rpgs like Fallout 1 was... And stop making consoletard shit... And to spread the word to other worthy developers... What else??? :decline:

Radisshu

Prophet
Jason said:
"Ok, see you later."
"Ok, bye."

CONDUCT A CODEX INTERVIEW MANG!!!! I'm almost staring to doubt this is a prestigious magazine.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
crazy_dave said:
Tell him to start making REAL and proper turn based PC exclusive rpgs like Fallout 1 was... And stop making consoletard shit...

I'm sure nobody has told him that before and doing it now will change the error of his ways. :smug:

crazy_dave

Educated
Mastermind said:
crazy_dave said:
Tell him to start making REAL and proper turn based PC exclusive rpgs like Fallout 1 was... And stop making consoletard shit...

I'm sure nobody has told him that before and doing it now will change the error of his ways. :smug:

Yeah, well does any developer left today have any visionary and artistic spark that made the "old" games so good and imaginative? To make a piece of art game, with their own vision? Not only for profit? And not for wide audience? So it doesn't have to be dumbed down... Damn! :x Gaming industry has turned in a "let's make retarder shit for kids and sell them" industry a long time ago and it's only :decline: ing further and further away... :smug:

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jason said:
"Ok, see you later."
"Ok, bye."

Yeah, I live about 40 miles away, but other than trying to get them to hold up a RPG Codex is 4 fags sign for a picture I'm not sure if it'd be worth it. Plus they might expect me to buy the game or something. :M

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Give them a sack of potatoes, they will understand.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom