Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age II: Information Roundup & Varric's Chest Hair

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age 2

<p>RPGamer <a href="http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2010/101810b.html?" target="_blank">assembled a list</a> with pretty much all info that's been revealed about Dragon Age 2. Here's an excerpt:</p>
<blockquote>
<p>On talent trees: "Currently each class will have around 6 talent trees (including weapon styles) as well as specialization trees. Each tree can have around 10 talent points spent in it, including both abilities and their upgrades. Each ability can have level, attribute and investment requirements to attain. Investment is stuff like 'you must have spent 3 points elsewhere in this tree before you can get this'. You must also have the prerequisite abilities before you get something, so you can't just cherrypick the last ability in the tree. You must have the requirements leading up to it." - Peter Thomas, Systems Designer</p>
</blockquote>
<p>A dwarf needs chest hair:</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Varric, one of Hawke's companions, is a surface dwarf who was born in Kirkwall and has never set foot in the underground dwarven kingdoms. He's a rogue who works as a merchant and has a great many contacts. Interested parties can find far more information and fan art than they ever desired about Varric and his chest hair in <a href="http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/4458888&amp;lf=8" target="_Blank">this BioWare forum thread</a>, which contains many posts by his primary writer, Mary Kirby. Don't say we didn't warn you about visiting that thread.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#15997">RPGWatch</a></p>

Ah, so in Bioware's opinion RPG = Dynasty Warriors + Diablo skill trees + Dating Sim. :thumbsup:
But why do they still calling it a RPG? For marketing purposes?

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
07.jpg

Le fuck?

Cenobyte

Prophet
Seems like Bioware and its Fanboys/-girls have entered full retard mode.
Varric the womanizer, omfg. I don't know if I should cry or laugh. Best solution is probably to just ignore this nonsense completely.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jaesun said:
I eagerly await the LP of this shit game.

I eagerly await YOU LP'ing this shit game. :smug:
I think it would be a great LP as you seem like the kind of person that has a real low tolerance for shit, unlike say Skyway or volly who fart here all fire and brimstone, then go back to their popamole in reality.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
You could not pay me enough to play this shit Action game, sorry. :P SO I sure the fuck am not going to be doing an LP.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"unlike say Skyway or volly who fart here all fire and brimstone, then go back to their popamole in reality."

Your logic doesn't make sense putting skyshit and me in the same sentence.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"Your logic doesn't make sense putting skyshit and me in the same sentence."

Well, at one point, he also considered Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate 2, and Neverwinter Nights to be some of the best RPGs ever made. Although you still stand behind those opinions, which makes you endearing and awesome even when I can't understand your thinking process (which is often).

Volourn

Pretty Princess
The fact that he sued to think so and then flopped flop proves that he and I aren't alike otuside of the fact we argue on the internet - like everybody else on the Coex.. and, we know what they say about arguing on the internet.

Skyway hates games for the sake of hating them ebcause he thinks it makes him Codexian edgy and cool. I, on the other hand, base my likes and dislikes on what *I* think not on the 'cool' factor.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
but skyway actually plays these games before declaring them shit, Vicky doesn't

who is less retarded then? the informed one, or the ignorant one?

discuss!!

disclaimer: i agree with skyway on 100% of subjects, and disagree with Vicky on 100% of subjects.

Radisshu

Prophet
aweigh said:
but skyway actually plays these games before declaring them shit, Vicky doesn't

He doesn't seem to have played the ones he really likes though.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"but skyway actually plays these games before declaring them shit, Vicky doesn't

who is less retarded then? the informed one, or the ignorant one?

discuss!!

disclaimer: i agree with skyway on 100% of subjects, and disagree with Vicky on 100% of subjects."

Is this you being butthurt over the fact I won't waste my money on LV? Fuck that shit. I also don't buy Barbie games but I have no shame saying they suck like shit. LMFAO

It's called doing research. I know enough about LV to know it sucks. It's a combination of AP and FO3 - two games I wasted money on and loathe - so why the fuck would I spend my not hard earned money on another shit game made by the same developer(s) of those two SOZZY games?

It would be illogical for me to do so.

Then again, I say this on the Codex who bash BIO, Betehsda, and Obsidian games repeatedly yet continually buy/play/steal/waste their time on them. LMFAO :retarded:

Saxon1974

Prophet
So the first Dragon AGe was supposed to be "Back to our Baldur's gate" roots type of game for hardcore RPG'ers.

Now that DAII appears to be completely abandoning that and going for the consoletards.....This is probably a dumn question but do you think it will sell less or more now that most real RPG fans will stay away?

I will pretty excited for Dragon Age (And ultimately dissapointed) but could care less about this one.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
'real RPG fans' donj't exist. On top of that, most hardcore rpgers will likely buy anything remotely RPG anyways so their purchase is basically loocked up hence why companies don't give a shit about the hardcore's opinion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom