Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas Now Less Wonky

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<p>The <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2010/10/20/updates-on-fallout-new-vegas/" target="_blank">patching</a> has begun on <strong>Fallout: New Vegas</strong>.</p>
<blockquote>Unless you&rsquo;ve been stuck in a Vault, you probably know that Fallout: New Vegas was released yesterday. We&rsquo;re thrilled that so many people are enjoying the game, but we also realize there are a few issues that you guys have been reporting.<br /><br />We have just released an automatic update for the PC version of Fallout: New Vegas that resolves quest and scripting issues. Be sure to restart Steam to ensure the update is downloaded on your next launch of the game. We&rsquo;re also working hard to make this update available for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game as soon as possible, and will let you know as soon as we have the dates they&rsquo;ll be up.</blockquote>
<p>You can also now grab the <a href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/downloads/geck.html" target="_blank">G.E.C.K. editor</a> if you're eager to get started on your FNV nude mod (and I'm guessing there will be at least a dozen of those by tomorrow morning).</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

racofer

Thread Incliner
2u8wlmv.jpg

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Serves you all right for insisting he get that "thread incliner" tag :smug:

Elzair

Cipher
Kickass! Maybe now someone will finally add low Int dialogue options.

I mean dialogue options that are meant to be low Int.

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Jason said:
You can also now grab the G.E.C.K. editor if you're eager to get started on your FNV nude Male mod (and I'm guessing there will be at least a dozen of those by tomorrow morning).

Sweet. I might have a reason to pick this game up now.

Glowing-R

Novice
SerratedBiz said:
Radisshu said:
"It's not bad, it could be worse though?"

:M

There's something wrong with it but I can't quite point it out...

That's the because it makes as little sense as "It's not bad but it could be worse.

"It's bad...

...it could be worse, though."

"It's not bad...

...it could be worse."

Makes more sense. Or what the fuck do I know, I learned english playing MMOs.

Glowing-R said:
SerratedBiz said:
Radisshu said:
"It's not bad, it could be worse though?"

:M

There's something wrong with it but I can't quite point it out...

That's the because it makes as little sense as "It's not bad but it could be worse.

"It's bad...

...it could be worse, though."

"It's not bad...

...it could be worse."

Makes more sense. Or what the fuck do I know, I learned english playing MMOs.

The problem is that saying something could be worse is redundant with saying it is not bad. The only way something couldn't be worse is if it was already the worst possible.

"Its bad, but it could be worse" on the other hand is meaningful because it says that something is bad but it also says that it isn't the worst, so it is probably only marginally bad.

"Its not bad, but it could be better" would also work, as the inverse of "Its bad, but it could be worse".

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
DriacKin said:
So, is this thing actually playable yet?

Note: I have yet to actually play it.

Just fucking play it already and embrace the LUV!

Finished a couple dozen quests and played for 12 hours without a fuckup, quest breaking bug or slowdown(ATI card). If you take it easy you'll probably be in time for the next bunch of patches that will fix up whatever potential problems are around later anyway.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Do you need FO3 to play this? I'm not going to install that shit.

Seriously loving the game at present, but how the fuck do Obsidian manage to produce these bugs on a pre-existing, established engine that they've barely modified?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom