Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Frayed Knights Is Boring

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Frayed Knights

<p>OK, I actually meant to say that the <a href="http://rampantgames.com/blog/?p=1526" target="_blank">Frayed Knights Alpha Testing phase</a>, which has just begun, is boring.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Nobody really wants to sit and watch me play through that, just to see some dungeons &lsquo;n stuff that they (probably) have already seen before. So much of what we&rsquo;re doing with the alpha is just getting all the quests and progression working properly, the game balanced out with the appropriate spells, abilities, and equipment matching what&rsquo;s going on, adding descriptions, dialog, and feedback to things that the player currently needs telepathy to understand what&rsquo;s going on. And tons and tons of testing and bug fixes.</p>
<p>And really, that&rsquo;s not much fun to watch. I&rsquo;m as excited as anything about <strong>Frayed Knights</strong> right now, but we&rsquo;re really at the stage of the development process that it&rsquo;s not about new stuff anymore. It&rsquo;s about the old stuff getting refined. Subtle stuff individually, but that collectively makes the game look more like a real game than the amateurish hack-job that it really is (oops, did I say that out loud?).</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Admitting it is the first step to improvement.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#16058">RPGWatch</a></p>

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So what fucking fight is 1eyedking is trying to fight? His love of popamole or fuck indies?

Zeus

Cipher
Jaesun said:
So what fucking fight is 1eyedking is trying to fight? His love of popamole or fuck indies?

He's wrestling with his manhood.

Try not to stare.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom