Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info The Witcher 2 Dev Diary: The Engine

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

<p>Watch some <strong>The Witcher 2</strong> devs <a href="http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/11/05/the-witcher-2-dev-video-pops-the-lid-off-the-game-engine/" target="_blank">discussing the awesomeness of their new engine</a>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>In one of its more esoteric videos, CD Projekt discusses how the team conceptualized and developed the game engine for The Witcher 2. The Witcher 2 is a dark fantasy themed role-playing game based on a series of novels. Viewers with a great interest in game development may want to check this video out, which is just over nine minutes long and contains a good amount of technical detail. Also be aware that the video is in Polish with English subtitles. The game is currently expected to release sometime in the spring, 2011.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/?rwsiteid=1#16108">RPGWatch</a></p>

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looks good. Sure it's chock full of hype, but the engine certainly looks the part. Maybe they can do a whole bunch of slam dunks with it and license it to others. Fuck knows we need something apart from Shitbryo out there(though Larian certainly proved you can still do something with it).

MetalCraze

Arcane
commie said:
Looks good. Sure it's chock full of hype, but the engine certainly looks the part. Maybe they can do a whole bunch of slam dunks with it and license it to others. Fuck knows we need something apart from Shitbryo out there(though Larian certainly proved you can still do something with it).

As I see it so far they proved it can be even less optimized.

Also Guild 2. Guild 2 not Divinity 2 is the ultimate Gamebryo game. And then goes Civ4 maybe.

Cenobyte

Prophet
Looks good. Now, they just have to get the content and gameplay mechanics right and it might become the outstanding RPG they are aiming for. Let's hope for the best.

made

Arcane
I still don't like Geralt's new face. Looks like a generic Kwan action hero. Pls fix.

deuxhero

Arcane
Any reason they couldn't use a face system like Mount and Blade does to create random heads and bottle necked the randomness by limiting them to 100 heads?

Over wise interestingish.

Ancient

Erudite
deuxhero said:
Any reason they couldn't use a face system like Mount and Blade does to create random heads and bottle necked the randomness by limiting them to 100 heads?

Over wise interestingish.

they focus on quality rather than quantity

: x

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
MetalCraze said:
As I see it so far they proved it can be even less optimized.

Also Guild 2. Guild 2 not Divinity 2 is the ultimate Gamebryo game. And then goes Civ4 maybe.

Oh you ran it on your rig to know it's less optimized, right?

When mentioning Shitbryo, I was thinking of RPG's as a direct comparison with what Bethesda managed with the same tools.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cenobyte said:
Looks good. Now, they just have to get the content and gameplay mechanics right and it might become the outstanding RPG they are aiming for. Let's hope for the best.

They still have a shitload of content to recycle from the novels, so I wouldn't be worried about that. Unlesss they decide to go creative and add more of their own stuff.

MetalCraze

Arcane
commie said:
Oh you ran it on your rig to know it's less optimized, right?
I'm playing Divinity 2 yes.

When mentioning Shitbryo, I was thinking of RPG's as a direct comparison with what Bethesda managed with the same tools.

Well Oblivion does look better than Divinity 2, although only a little bit, when it comes to environments. Seamless world is also a plus, whereas Larian uses corridor-like areas - but I have to give it to them - the loading times are lightningly fast.

Ancient

Erudite
Elwro said:
Hirato said:
I just hope they have a native Linux build.
:D I'd love that, but I guess now they'll be happy just if they manage to keep the company afloat...

they commented on that saying that they will never make linux/mac version of a games

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom