Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Two Hours With Two Worlds II

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Reality Pump Studios; Two Worlds II

<p>RPGWatch's Dhruin <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#16126" target="_blank">put up a short piece</a> on his initial impressions while playing <strong>Two Worlds II</strong>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>So, at this stage, I miss the more sophisticated writing and characters I just left behind in <em>Fallout: New Vegas</em> and it certainly feels a little rough around the edges.&nbsp; But the combat is surprisingly addictive and the width of possibilities is enormous.&nbsp; I've seen one German review label it a "masterpiece", which seems ridiculous to me but if the idea of a better <em>Two Worlds</em> is attractive to you, this is worth a look.&nbsp; Just don't expect revolutionary changes to the core concept.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#16126">RPGWatch</a></p>

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Just don't expect revolutionary changes to the core concept.
This kind of statement always puzzles me. Isn't the whole point of playing a "more of the same but better" sequel that there will, in fact, NOT be changes to the core concept? I mean, MW2 didn't get slammed for having the exact same core concept as COD2 (actual quality of the core concept notwithstanding), did it?

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Sceptic said:
Just don't expect revolutionary changes to the core concept.
This kind of statement always puzzles me. Isn't the whole point of playing a "more of the same but better" sequel that there will, in fact, NOT be changes to the core concept? I mean, MW2 didn't get slammed for having the exact same core concept as COD2 (actual quality of the core concept notwithstanding), did it?

Exactly. In fact TW2 is a massive incline over the first game in that the developers have obviously taken note of what they did wrong, listened to their user base and critical reviews and improved the game in every way they could. That's the sign of a development team worth following and they should be congratualted.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hmm, Two Turds II is inclining, Divinity II DKS seems mighty fine(from the few minutes I tested), NV is great....

What's going on these days? RPG's not going gently into that good night but instead raging against the dying of a light?

Well the scene version is up. Time to check it out....Mayhap it will be a massive incline as probable, forsooth!

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I played original after patch 1.4, or 1.5. I wonder if it would be bug free and properly balanced until 1.2.

Blackula

Educated
commie said:
Hmm, Two Turds II is inclining, Divinity II DKS seems mighty fine(from the few minutes I tested), NV is great....

What's going on these days? RPG's not going gently into that good night but instead raging against the dying of a light?

Well the scene version is up. Time to check it out....Mayhap it will be a massive incline as probable, forsooth!

RPGs are as shit as they were 5 years ago. Our standards have just lowered.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
commie said:
Like Arcania only better exploring.
Don't you mean Oblivion? because Arcania didn't have bad exploration, judging by Roxor's review: it had no exploration period.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You can shot 3 arrows from a bow at the same time headshoting 3 enemies.

This is the new shit.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sceptic said:
commie said:
Like Arcania only better exploring.
Don't you mean Oblivion? because Arcania didn't have bad exploration, judging by Roxor's review: it had no exploration period.

I was being facetious with the Arcania thing :P

Seriously for all the Two Turds hate, I still liked it, and TT2 is exponentially better in all respects, I'm thinking it's as good an ARPG as there has been. Talk about learning from your first effort. Reality Pump has made the transition now from RTS to ARPG, a complete change of genre that only the best developers in the past could put off, never mind a small, relatively poor one.

ortucis

Prophet
I actually enjoyed Two Worlds more than Oblivion. It didn't even pretend to have a decent storyline (also the voice acting was hilarious). It was a decent open world RPG, like Fable TLC.

But anyways, I am sure it failed to meet the revolutionary expectations at RPGWatch HQ generated by classics like.. ArcaniA.. and others.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom