Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Devil Whiskey boxes in the air

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Devil Whiskey

<a href="http://www.devilwhiskey.com">Devil Whiskey</a> has updated their official site with news about the boxed versions of the game. They've shipped, they're on their way to the people who wanted them. They also need some help from new blood on stuff, per this:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Boxed copies have SHIPPED! Watch your mailbox for your copy to arrive soon!
<br>
There is a new update planned for the Devil Whiskey product. Watch this web page for more exciting news relating to the update.
<br>
There is a definite need for more programmers to help with the new major upgrade and a new game in the works!</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Updating the old one and creating a new one. Good for them.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

FrankHorrigan

Liturgist
I've been considering buying Devil Wiskey for a while, i just downloaded the demo tonight and have yet to sample it. Does anyone having anything intelligent to say about the game, be it good or bad?

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
FrankHorrigan said:
I've been considering buying Devil Wiskey for a while, i just downloaded the demo tonight and have yet to sample it. Does anyone having anything intelligent to say about the game, be it good or bad?

Very good. Good graphics (better than nwn :twisted: ) , good music, solid gameplay.
Only the user interface is cumbersome.
But I like very oldschool crpgs.

DamnElfGirl

Liturgist
I didn't like it, and I loved the original Bard's Tale. I found the beginning area (tons of overpowered enemies swarming you in the first town, cumbersome save game system that makes it easy to "save" a wiped out party) to be so unbalanced and tedious that I gave up quickly.

JC Anejo

Educated
I had a good time with the demo after they added mouse support. Seems like a few people were overwhelmed in the beginning but I had no problem getting my party going. I was actually hoping it would be one of those games were it was hard to get that first party going. I think I will get it now that is on disk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom