Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dungeon Lords demo not today

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Dungeon Lords

Yup, it's been delayed. No word on when the promised demo for <A href="http://www.dungeonlordsgame.com/">Dungeon Lords</a> will be released with it's 180MB of gaming excellence or whatever it was supposed to have.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Whipporowill

Erudite
What, the demo had to be delayed to actually implement gameplay?

Seriously, I was actually curious as to how it'd turn out - esp since I was interested in it's coop-mode. Guess we'll have to wait.

Spazmo

Erudite
Hey, don't sweat it. The delay makes you want it more, which increases IMMERSION! I TOTALLY FEEL LIKE I'M REALLY WAITING FOR THE DEMO OF A SHITTY GAME RIGHT NOW!

EvilManagedCare

Liturgist
Admittedly, I haven't read thoroughly the details of the game. From what I have read it sounds like it's an over the shoulder, single character version of Dungeon Siege. Which to me does not seem so ground breaking anymore. I doubt I could be less interested in this title.

It's time for DW to get back to his roots. Of course, didn't he try doing that with W & W?

DemonKing

Arcane
EvilManagedCare said:
It's time for DW to get back to his roots. Of course, didn't he try doing that with W & W?

I can never forgive him for adding lasers and spaceships to Wizardry.

I could handle the endgame in Wizardry 6 where you stumbled on a spaceship but Wizardry 7 took it too far.

Still, I was looking forward to trying the DL demo, even if my hopes weren't too high.

EvilManagedCare

Liturgist
DemonKing said:
EvilManagedCare said:

I can never forgive him for adding lasers and spaceships to Wizardry.

I could handle the endgame in Wizardry 6 where you stumbled on a spaceship but Wizardry 7 took it too far.

quote]

Normally I would agree. I don't like when Sci-Fi and fantasy are mixed, especially in Might and Magic. For some reason it didn't bother me too much in the Wizardry series. The most annoying thing in that series would have to be the Trynnie.

suibhne

Erudite
Seems like everyone had to jump on the spaceship bandwagon for awhile there. Both Wiz and M&M games were hopping on spacecraft right and left. :roll:

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
EvilManagedCare said:
The most annoying thing in that series would have to be the Trynnie.

You can always kill Madras and Sparkle. And giggle whenever you come upon Prickled Trynnie (I know I do).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom