Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview The Fall dev diary #8 at RPGVault

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Fall: Last Days of Gaia; Silver Style

<A HREF="http://rpgvault.ign.com" target="_blank">RPG Vault</A> presents the <a href=http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/545/545029p1.html>eight installment</a> of their series of dev diaries by the guys and one gal who looks like a guy at Silver Style about their perhaps upcoming post-apoc RPG The Fall. Technical Director Sebastian Tusk discusses the game's modding capabilities.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Howdy! Today, we're going to talk about how mods for The Fall - The Last Days of Gaia can be developed as well as our support for and by the community. I'll explain what can be coded, how it is done and, in addition, give an easy example to illustrate what it will look like.
<br>
<br>
What can be modded? Almost everything! The more complicated things naturally require some experience on your part; however, as you will see, it will not be overly difficult to achieve lesser changes.</blockquote>
<br>
Well, that's real keen, but why mod a bad game until you like it when you can just play a good game to begin with?
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover</A>

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Spazmo said:
Well, that's real keen, but why mod a bad game until you like it when you can just play a good game to begin with?
OMG! U r teh n00b! All the best and greatest RPGs evar are bad games that let you make all kinda stupid mods: NWN, Morrowind, and now The Fall.

littleboy

Liturgist
I don't know why you guys are so hard on SS the game hasn't come out yet, looks decent and he's only saying that moding is possible.

plin

Liturgist
littleboy said:
I don't know why you guys are so hard on SS the game hasn't come out yet, looks decent and he's only saying that moding is possible.

They hold a grudge because they think carsten tried to give false hope and snag some fallout fans after Van Buren was cancelled. And maybe cuz it has real-time combat.

Spazmo

Erudite
And also because Silver Style's previous games were completely awful. There's really no reason why I would be excited at all about The Fall.

Stark

Liturgist
and one gal who looks like a guy

apparently the hate extends to the rest of the company too.

com'mon, you guys are too harsh to them.

edit: just curious. there's no picture of the said "guy" and "gal who looks like a guy" anywhere in the interview. where did you see them?

Reklar

Liturgist
Whatever it is, it's a bad picture, and scary. I shouldn't have looked at that right before bedtime. Now I'm going to have nightmares. :shock:

Another thought occurs to me though. Maybe we should start a rumor that "some lucky fan of The Fall will win a date with this (insert freaky picture here) Silver Style employee!" Do you think it would convert any of the fence-sitting supporters? :twisted:

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

littleboy

Liturgist
If i remember corectly their previous game was hated because it was a buyggy mess with bad A.I. pathfinding, and i never even saw it for sale anywhere around me (canada). It seems though that they have ramped up the production values so who knows. And frankly what game out recently did have turn-based combat.

ya the chick is ugly, but what do you expect she makes video games. All the chicks i've ever seen that actualy like and play video games are eather swamp donkeys or beached wales.

Vidder

Liturgist
wow, now it is perfectly clear:

you are all fucking retards.

critizise games is one thing, but insult people because of one crappy picture is too much.
and btw: i guess you are all adonises, right.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
littleboy said:
If i remember corectly their previous game was hated because it was a buyggy mess with bad A.I. pathfinding, and i never even saw it for sale anywhere around me (canada). It seems though that they have ramped up the production values so who knows. And frankly what game out recently did have turn-based combat.

Actually, SoA also ran like crap on a lot of decent systems. It was slower than frozen dog shit sliding down a horizonal shingle.

What game out recently had turn based combat? Temple of Elemental Evil and Silent Storm on the commercial RPG front.

ya the chick is ugly, but what do you expect she makes video games. All the chicks i've ever seen that actualy like and play video games are eather swamp donkeys or beached wales.

Well, if she'd do something with her hair and not dress like a man, she wouldn't be that bad. Her face isn't that bad, but the hair and clothes are.

Vidder said:
critizise games is one thing, but insult people because of one crappy picture is too much.
and btw: i guess you are all adonises, right.

Said the 300 pound, pasty basement dweller. Go have a twinkee.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom