Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Alpha Protocol Patch 1.10 Released

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Alpha Protocol; Obsidian Entertainment

<p>Sega released <a href="http://help.sega.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&amp;_a=viewarticle&amp;kbarticleid=865" target="_blank">another patch</a> for <strong>Alpha Protocol</strong>. After the <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=49301" target="_blank">massive success</a> of the last patch, let's see what this one does:</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Fixes in 1.10: <br /><br /> * To resolve activation issues, PC copy protection has been removed. <br />* In Moscow during the assault of Brayko's Mansion, the player could get into a situation where a door would not be openable preventing progression through the rest of the level. This has been fixed. <br />* In Taipei, during the Stop the Assassination mission, the user can fall out of the world if they reload the "Exit Gardens" checkpoint. There was also a problem where if the player backtracked, part of the level might not load in properly. This has also been fixed. <br />* In the same mission, a problem with subtitles was corrected. <br />* In the museum in Rome, the game could crash when using Focused Aim to kill the NPC holding Madison in the elevator. <br />* Bosses could get stuck in an accelerated mode when Fury wears off. <br />* Chainshot was exploitable to slow time and get critical headshots without consuming its cooldown.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>You don't need to protect something no one wants, I understand very well.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/100548-alpha-protocol-patch-110-released.html">GB</a></p>

Project: Eternity
What's wrong Obsidian? Why are you un-protecting your terrible Mass Effect clone? Is it because nobody wants to play this failure anyway?

I rather liked Alpha Protocol.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Something smells fishy. This patch is dated september... same as the old patch. What's going on here?

ortucis

Prophet
They released it too soon. Should've waited a few years before releasing a proper patch.

While we're at it, anyone knows whether this patch fixes the stuttering in AP? (seriously, playing a stealth game where stutter causes player to do a 90 degree turn on the spot is.. well.. lets just say that the Obsidian programmers are "special").

Huh, thought they would have pulled a Crytek and totally abandoned all support for this.

I still play it sometimes, so good news for me.

Relay

Educated
The last two people in the world who still play that piece of shit sure are happy as fuck that they've fixed some bugs and removed the DRM.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Go and ventilate your doom, VOD.

Well, I've already played through it a couple of times but I suppose this patch won't hurt.

dr. one

Augur
this game was made by the same guys who made Fallout: New Vegas, right? count me in!

I liked Alpha Protocol.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Brother None said:
[I forgot to put in a link to the patch in the GB newspost. Here it is, dated Nov 23.
The article is, but the exe inside it is... oh wait, it's August, it's the readme that's September. So maybe the exe modified date is the same as the base game...?

Freelance Henchman said:
I rather liked Alpha Protocol.
dr. one said:
I liked Alpha Protocol.
Go back to Obsidtard forums you gay fanboys.
I liked it too.

Achilles

Arcane
Hi guys, is this the Alpha Protocol appreciation thread? Sign me up!

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Dicksmoker said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Dicksmoker said:
Overall I though it was a good game except for parts that really pissed me off.
Are you still going on about your ineptitude? Jesus christ, just google up a gamespot forum post or something.
Don't you have some Final Fantasy games to play?
One at a time, dude. One at a time.

Need a light?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Confirmation: it is the same patch, minus the CP. Installed it, game stops running, as reported for patch 1. Well done Obsidian! :thumbsup:

Andyman Messiah said:
Are you still going on about your ineptitude?
Now that I've played the game: this. I saw 3 possible spots where Marburg can be killed, and that was during only one playthrough (for the record, I did kill him in the end. Felt good man :smug:). If you were really, really trying very hard to keep him alive all the way to the end, only to complain that he's still alive, well...

ortucis said:
While we're at it, anyone knows whether this patch fixes the stuttering in AP?
From the other thread:
Sceptic said:
Did 2 things:

UseBackgroundLevelStreaming=false
This eliminated the crazymouse/stutter immediately. However the frame rate in other spots now seems more... uneven? Not really stutter, just a bit more jerky, but then went normal again. Gonna try again with OnlyStreamInTextures=true

Next thing, did some of the graphic whoring stuff suggested early in the thread:

[System Settings]
Trilinear=True(This is originally set to False.)
MaxAnisotropy=16(This is originally set to 4. You can set this to 4, 8, or 16 depending on how powerful your system is.)
EnableHighPolyChars=True(This is originally set to False.)
MinShadowResolution=32(32 is the absolute minimum resolution. You can set this higher, like 512, but this can affect the performance greatly and can also cause shadows to start gltiching.)
MaxShadowResolution=4096(This can be set lower if you system does not have a powerful graphics card. Remember to set it in normal resolution numbers like 1024, 2048, etc. 4096 is the highest this can be set.)
bEnableBranchingPCFShadows=True(This is originally set to False.)
bEnableForegroundShadowsOnWorld=True(This is originally set to False.)

I actually cannot see a difference, may need to compare screenshots. Also I was wrong, AF is on by default, just set to 4x instead of 16x. Really makes no difference.

Oh and game crashed when going back to menu. Not sure if it's related to any of the changes I made, but it is the first crash I've ever had with it.

Edity edit
Jerkiness gone, no crash on going back to main menu. These tweaks have the official SSOA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom