Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News KOTOR2 PC delayed

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

According to <a href=http://www.shacknews.com>Shacknews</a>, LucasArts has released a press release stating that while the Xbox version of KOTOR2 is on track, the PC version will be delayed until February instead of a simultaneous December release.
<br>
<br>
Now let's take a trip in the way back machine to my news post about the official announcement of the game...
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>"The Sith Lords will be officially unveiled at E3 2004 and will be released for the Xbox video game system from Microsoft and for the PC in February 2005."
<br>
<br>
Well, I like the simultaneous release part. We'll see how long that lasts.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
So for the record: <i>I totally called it.</i>
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Mr. Teatime!</b>

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
I wonder if this is because the PC version needs additional work, or because MS lined Lucasarts' pockets with money, or just because Feargus doesn't like us any more.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
omg are u telling me the pc version is mainly just a port of the xbox version? WTF who could of predicted this, its so fucking unpredictable!!!!!!!!!!

UR AMAZING SPAZZMO

DemonKing

Arcane
They're already up to 15 pages of venting on the Obsidian forums...although half of that is Visc...er...I mean Hades_One.

Dhruin

Liturgist
Yep, good call. I shouldn't have expected otherwise, though. I'd be interested to see a reliable comparison of KotOR Xbox vs PC sales.

kumquatq3

Liturgist
The LA press site was listing the game as coming out before the holidays in early Aug. Never once did they mention a staggered release. Go fig.

Jora

Arcane
Akari has once again posted his comments about the release date:
I didn't find out about the different release dates until a couple days ago. Internally, we've been working on X-Box and PC versions of KotOR2 with the same level of dedication and expected to have both of them ready at the same time.

One of the main reasons that the X-Box version is ahead of the PC version is that we were on the X-Box version for a few months before the PC version of KotOR1 even came out so that we could get the PC version code from Bioware. As a result, the X-Box version has always been a little further along, code-wise, than the PC version. That's one reason why the E3 Demo was on X-Box. Because the X-Box build was the only one presentable by then.

I have my own opinions about why there are two different release dates now, but I'm not going to throw fuel on the fire by going into them. As a mostly PC gamer myself, I was looking forward to the anticipated simultaneous releases.

I'm sorry about the news for PC-only gamers.

-Akari

Surlent

Liturgist
Exitium said:
What does that leave us with? Bloodlines? That's it?! One RPG?!!!
Don't forget that Bloodlines will be released after Halflife2 and who knows when that will be released. :roll:
Retailers are moving dates from q4 2004 to q1 2005 for Halflife2, ya know.

NO RPGZ FOR US D000ZZZ 1111111

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Surlent said:
Exitium said:
What does that leave us with? Bloodlines? That's it?! One RPG?!!!
Don't forget that Bloodlines will be released after Halflife2 and who knows when that will be released. :roll:
Retailers are moving dates from q4 2004 to q1 2005 for Halflife2, ya know.

NO RPGZ FOR US D000ZZZ 1111111

Fuck retailers. Since when have retail dates ever been accurate?

With the 3rd preload already out, it's a safe bet to say that the game's coming out at the end of this month and I've got good word from ATI to confirm that. As you should know, ATI has a contract with Valve and if they don't release the game soon ATI will sue the fuck out of them because anticipation of Half Life 2 and its engine is the only thing keeping ATI on top of the market right now. If nVidia releases a lineup of affordable cards with good DX9 support, ATI will lose its lead.

All that remains to be preloaded is the executable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom