Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Deus Ex: Human Revolution Delayed

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Deus Ex: Human Revolution; Eidos Montreal

<p>The situation is dire. <a href="http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/32063/Square_Enix_Delays_Deus_Ex_Slashes_Yearly_Net_Profit_Forecast_By_90_Percent.php" target="_blank">Square Enix noticed</a> that they won't be able to meet the planned release date of March 8th 2011 for <strong>Deus Ex: Human Revolution</strong>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>The firm's <em>Deus Ex: Human Revolution</em> was originally slated for release in the January to March 2011 quarter, but the company will now "spend additional time to further polish" the Eidos Montreal title, which will launch at some time from April 2011 onwards.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/100765-deus-ex-human-revolution-delayed.html">GB</a></p>

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Crooked Bee said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
"has not yet achieved the level of customer satisfaction that fans of our Final Fantasy franchise have come to expect"

:smug:

So does that mean the game isn't shitty enough and they want to make it worse?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Xor said:
Crooked Bee said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
"has not yet achieved the level of customer satisfaction that fans of our Final Fantasy franchise have come to expect"

:smug:

So does that mean the game isn't shitty enough and they want to make it worse?
No, that means VD should read the things he posts about more carefully. :smug:
But this point is lost now that VD has edited his original newspost.

Ermm

Erudite
They should just close down the servers, tell that they are sorry to people, who paid to waste their time with ultrashitty MMO.

Shit, some things I've heard in this game are masterfully retarded.

Project: Eternity
Vaguely related: http://www.1up.com/news/square-enix-red ... -forecasts

It seems last week's Final Fantasy XIV kerfuffle had even more fallout than we thought. In an announcement on the company's official corporate site today, Square Enix drastically reduced its earnings forecasts for the remainder of the fiscal year from 12 billion yen (approx. $142.4 million USD) to just 1 billion yen ($11.9 million) - a decrease of 91.7%

zeitgeist

Magister
An understandable setback, given that they've been working on the DLC for at least 4 months now.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
This could be very good...or it could be very bad.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Looks like we have another Alpha Protocol-level disaster here. I hope this one bombs too.

Cassidy

Arcane
Roguey said:
Looks like we have another Alpha Protocol-level disaster here. I hope this one bombs too.

That is too optimistic, because it suggests the writing won't totally suck and be filled with emofaggotry to please weeaboos and that there will be a deformed skeleton of nonlinearity in gameplay. Deus Ex 3 will be to Alpha Protocol what Fallout 3 is to Morrowind.

Don't try Deus Ex 3 if you don't want to get pissed.

Sisay

Liturgist
I wonder if they're just doing this for accounting reasons or if they are actually working on the game during this delay. Clearly this year's numbers were going to be shit no matter what.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
And in somewhat unrelated news:
Bandai Namco has announced they will be halting all their overseas development efforts because they failed completely.
Bandai Namco’s CEO states that their use of overseas developers was supposed to “appeal to Americans” but that “in the end it was all no good.”

Square-enix fourth quarter estimate:
Sales from 160E9 to 120E9.
Net profit from 12E9 to 1E9.
all in yens.

Looks like they are going down like a stone.

Sisay said:
I wonder if they're just doing this for accounting reasons or if they are actually working on the game during this delay. Clearly this year's numbers were going to be shit no matter what.

Well new fiscal year begins at 1. April. Do they have anything planet for next fiscal year to rise theirs sakes?

racofer

Thread Incliner
I think they are in fact delaying because it's the same date DA2 will be released.

This would undoubtedly affects their sales.

baronjohn

Cipher
I don't know why you're all shitting on it. DEHR seemed like some nice incline.

I recently watched part of a LP of Deus Ex. It definitely didn't age well. It's kind of shitty really. I don't know how I ever liked it.

baronjohn said:
I don't know why you're all shitting on it.
:rpgcodex: ??
I recently watched part of a LP of Deus Ex. It definitely didn't age well. It's kind of shitty really. I don't know how I ever liked it.
So you DU think Deus Ex is shitty, eh? I DU not know what to DU with you.

oscar

Arcane
baronjohn said:

I played it for for the first time six months ago and had a blast. The only complaint you could really make is that the graphics are showing their age texture wise and the voice-acting got very choppy in certain places.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom