Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Neverwinter Nights: Patch 1.64

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: BioWare; Neverwinter Nights

<a href=http://www.bioware.com>Bioware</a>, in their continued support for Neverwinter Nights has released the latest patch for the game, updating the title to 1.64 from 1.62. The patch can be attained through use of the game's auto-updater (NWUpdate) or by downloading it manually from <a href=http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch.html>here</a>. The patch is available for PC, Macintosh and Linux for owners of the game and their expansion packs. The list of changes, add-ons and fixes are too numerous to list, so just read them <a href=http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patchdetails164.html>here</a>.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Troika where the fuck is my new TOEE patch?"

Waiting for Atari.. the same one that allows BIO to patch NWN repeatedly... yet somehow it's the publsiher's fault that TOEE doesn't get any love. LOL

Jesus, that's a huge fixlog.

One of my guilty pleasures was delving into the user mods for NWN. 90% of them were crap, but some transcended their roots and actually became pretty enjoyable--Bone Kenning is one I remember being a riotous good time, as you played a Necromancer who could assemble corpses from various body parts and then reanimate them, producing differently-skilled undead depending on the parts used. Plus it left a ton of room for being evil.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Volourn said:
"Troika where the fuck is my new TOEE patch?"

Waiting for Atari.. the same one that allows BIO to patch NWN repeatedly... yet somehow it's the publsiher's fault that TOEE doesn't get any love. LOL

No, it's all Troika's fault. They are trying to ruin Atari's good name. To bad it doesn't have one...

Anyway, let me remind you that Troika can't release anything without Atari's approval. And Atari, well, it looks like Atari is simply not interested in anything like that anymore. They've got their sales, why waste money now paying Troika and QA for the patch.

Here is a fun story:
http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4188

Steve Moret said:
I've been holding off posting about this for a while now, but seeing as Atari doesn't want to respond to my questions as to what’s going on from their end I'm going to let you guys know what has happened on my end.

On the morning of April 12th, 2004 I e-mailed the ToEE producer at Atari what we hoped to be the final beta of patch 2. Verifying that he did receive it, that producer wrote back indicating he was going to try and get it into testing as soon as he could.

That was the last I've heard from Atari.

In these subsequent weeks, I've been e-mailing that producer, another producer, and the PR manager for ToEE to try and find out what the status of the patch is. To date, I have received no e-mails back.

I have also (unofficially) begun work on what I hope to be patch 3, which hopefully will include some new content (so far new long item descriptions courtesy of Mike Mercurio) as well as fix up any issues people are still seeing after patch 2 gets released.

I am assuming patch 2 is still in testing, but since nobody at Atari has written me back in 2 weeks I cannot say for certain. I also cannot release what exactly is in patch 2. As soon as I have more information I'll let you know, even if it is as vague as "Atari has contacted me and we will have more information at a later date."

Call me biased, but somehow I doubt that NWN patches receive(d) the same treatment.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
In other words: "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!"................

Vault Dweller

Developer
With pleasure. Btw, Volourn, are you aware that your replies get less and less intelligent? First you ran out of facts, then out of pseudo-facts and somewhat believable bullshit, and all that's left are one-liners?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"all that's left are one-liners?"

Give me soemthing that's worth 80 paragraphcs in a response, and I'll gladly do it. Your above was basically,"It's Atari's fault, it's Atari's fault!". It's funny that Troiak fanboys think that Atari has some hardon tos crew with Troika when it was they who approached Troika about TOEE in the first place. Myabe, though, a Troikian, slept with an Atari's boss wife. Who knows.

Vault Dweller

Developer
I gave you a fact that shows that Atari was fucking around with the second patch, not responding and all. If you were in Troika's place, would you like callingl for days, leaving messages that are being ignored, and basically begging them to release the fucking patch?

I blame Troika for ToEE bugs and Hommlet and story, they've had a chance and for some reasons fucked it up. I blame Atari for the rest. Simple as that.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Troika is not working on a new patch. So don't blame Atari for it.

I gave you a fact that shows that Atari was fucking around with the second patch, not responding and all. If you were in Troika's place, would you like callingl for days, leaving messages that are being ignored, and basically begging them to release the fucking patch?
That is not what happened. Steve sent them many emails, didn't get a response. Nobody else at Troika, not the high-ups, bothered to do anything about it. Steve had to go through a proxy, the localization manager in Japan, to get Atari to QA it. You make it sound like everyone (e.g. Tim Cain) at Troika was huddled at their telephones and computers firing off e-mails and making deals.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Exitium said:
Troika is not working on a new patch.
I wonder why :roll:

That is not what happened. Steve sent them many emails, didn't get a response.
Isn't that what I posted (see above)?

Nobody else at Troika, not the high-ups, bothered to do anything about it.
Were they supposed to? I worked for many companies, big and small, and in most cases, when you work for a company, other companies recognize that fact and deal with you as if you were the company. I didn't run to my boss every time somebody didn't return my message.

Steve had to go through a proxy, the localization manager in Japan, to get Atari to QA it. You make it sound like everyone (e.g. Tim Cain) at Troika was huddled at their telephones and computers firing off e-mails and making deals.
No, I make it sound like a guy officially employed by Troika who was handling the patch(es) was ignored by Atari just because.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Were they supposed to? I worked for many companies, big and small, and in most cases, when you work for a company, other companies recognize that fact and deal with you as if you were the company. I didn't run to my boss every time somebody didn't return my message.
It's not about something insignificant like ''not returning your message'. It's a serious issue when the entire product is in jeopardy. Over at Bioware, it's the heads who do all of the talking and the negotiating with the publishers. I'm sure Ray Muzyka didn't leave it to Dave Gaider to get LucasArts to pull the wordcount. But that's exactly what Troika seems to be doing.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"I'm sure Ray Muzyka didn't leave it to Dave Gaider to get LucasArts to pull the wordcount."

Oooo... Tag.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Exitium said:
It's not about something insignificant like ''not returning your message'. It's a serious issue when the entire product is in jeopardy.
The opinion of the product was formed when the product was released, dubbed buggy and crappy by many players, and extremely complicated by the magazines. A patch changed nothing, especially the second one. ToEE was one of those games that people either liked (for great TB combat) or hated for the rest. Those who liked it, played it with the first patch or even without one. Those who hated it don't care about the patch. I'm not saying that there is no need to support games, I'm just saying that there was no crisis or jeopardy. It was already fucked, and the damage was done.

I'm sure Ray Muzyka didn't leave it to Dave Gaider to get LucasArts to pull the wordcount. But that's exactly what Troika seems to be doing.

Exitium in another thread said:
The thing about hypothetical situations is that they are, make-believe to which the word 'hypothetical' itself refers. They have no grounding, or basis in reality, and give no sane person a reason to act upon them or make any judgments or decisions pertaining to them or even equate them with any value whatsoever....

Hypotheticals are pointless. Please don't bring them up, ever. Next?
Pick one and stick with it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"The opinion of the product was formed when the product was released, dubbed buggy and crappy by many players, and extremely complicated by the magazines. A patch changed nothing, especially the second one. ToEE was one of those games that people either liked (for great TB combat) or hated for the rest. Those who liked it, played it with the first patch or even without one. Those who hated it don't care about the patch. I'm not saying that there is no need to support games, I'm just saying that there was no crisis or jeopardy. It was already fucked, and the damage was done."

This is true. Patches where never make someone like a game. Well, I shouldn't say never. There's always exceptions. I haven't even downlaoded the second patch yet. LOL And, I only finikled with TOEE with the 1st patch..

Seven

Erudite
VD, I don't know why you're bothering. Volourn seems to think that this an issue of Bio did it, so why can't Troika? He doesn’t realize that Atari doesn't treat everyone like Bio. Not only that we've all known that since the release of the first patch by Steve that Atari (for whatever reasons) have taken a disinterested stance in testing the patches (by taking a huge friggin amount of time). As for Rex, well here's a guy who starts off with "Troika where the fuck is my new TOEE patch", but the minute we talk about Beth or a Beth dev shows up we have to be civil. Yeah, great freaken example (You know I wouldn't even bother to call you on trivial shit like this if you exhibited a monochrome of consistency in your attitude, one week it’s lets all try to get along and next you flip flop).

BTW, if you had a made a patch and you knew that it wasn’t being testing would you bother to start work on a third?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"He doesn’t realize that Atari doesn't treat everyone like Bio."

Why should they?

taks

Liturgist
Volourn said:
Waiting for Atari..
they're not waiting for atari... they're waiting to finish bloodlines. sir timmy said so in his latest interview. THEN they'll be waiting for atari, but atari is already looking into the sp2 thing so i doubt they will deny a patch 3.

i recall somewhere, back in time, SP said something like "but bioware had a contract for expansions, that's why they keep patching it" (paraphrasing). do they still?

taks

Vault Dweller

Developer
Seven said:
VD, I don't know why you're bothering. Volourn seems to think ...
First, the problem is that Volourn doesn't seem to think, and second, it's my mission to re-educate Volorn and make a somewhat intelligent human being out of him/her (although if it's a chick, it's hopeless, females don't respond well to any attempts to teach them something :lol: ).

taks

Liturgist
a waste of the energy it takes to type even that sentence alone... volourn is, well, volourn. the sky is blue. gromnir talks like an orc. i sign my handle. etc. etc. etc.

:lol:

taks

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom