Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview KOTOR II: Korriban Planet Preview

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

<a href=http://xbox.ign.com/articles/555/555606p1.html>XBox@IGN</a> has put up a brand new <a href=http://xbox.ign.com/articles/555/555606p1.html>preview</a> of Korriban in KOTOR II. As it's only comprised of 2 paragraphs, here it is in full:
<br>
<blockquotE>Korriban is a graveyard world that has died twice -- once when it served as the burial grounds of the ancient lords of the Sith, and again, when the end of the Jedi Civil War brought death to Korriban. There are half-whispered rumors and speculations of what took place on Korriban after Malak's defeat -- some claim that the remaining Sith Lords fought amongst themselves for control, while others claim that the Republic itself attacked Korriban and destroyed the Sith Academy on its surface. Whatever the case, there are few in the Republic willing to speak of it, and there are no Sith remaining to ask what transpired there.
<br>
<br>
All that remain on Korriban's surface are beasts and echoes, ghosts of the dead that still walk and whisper the ancient teachings of the Sith. To touch down within its windswept canyons and blood-red skies is to be filled with a sense of unease - then a slow dread, as the evil of Korriban begins to take hold. There are also tales of dark side beasts, the Hssiss, that now stalk its surface, and even more sinister dangers lurking within hidden tombs within the Valley of the Sith Lords.</blockquote>
<br>
I guess it's true about what they say: there is no rest for the wicked.
<br>
<br>
Thanks for the heads up, <b>Kumquatq3</b>.

The Exar

Liturgist
Trash said:
Considering my character left no Sith behind alive I don't really find it that much of a mystery why it's such a dead world. :D
You surely didnt kill the whole planet... Or Biowares understanding for "planet" is different than the real one? Who knows...

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Well, as far as I remember, all the planet had was a small community and star port build near the sith academy. Don't think there were any Sith left there after I left....then again, these Sith always were sneaky fellows. I do wonder if there will be some areas from the first game, that would be neat.

Mnemon

Educated
Or not, given the areas are about the same size, if I remember that correctly.

-Mnemon

Seven

Erudite
I wonder if darth vader will be in this game. You know, like an easter egg deally, like all those easter eggs in FO2.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
The Exar said:
Who knows. Preharps we`ll see the tomb of ANOTHER DEAD, POWERFUL, ANCIENT Sith Lord....

The tomb thing in KotOR is one of the things I really didn't like about the game. We've never seen tombs in any of the movies, and they just seemed like quicky D&D style dungeons to me. It was even more stupid they were built out of archaic stone with carved statues and such, but filled with droids and techie traps. They just felt rather inconsistant to me, both with the setting and the level of technology they were supposed to have within them.

They probably would have been okay in something like a STARGATE SG-1 CRPG, but that's what that setting is all about. Star Wars, though, it just didn't fit at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom