Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Two Worlds II Review

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Reality Pump Studios; Two Worlds II

<p><a href="http://www.allagegaming.com/products/two-worlds-ii-360-review/" target="_blank">Allagegaming reviewed</a> Reality Pump's <strong>Two Worlds II</strong> rating it with 8/10.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Its been years since ive played a game with so much content. I don&rsquo;t mean value, or replayability, but I mean the outright number of different game modes, settings, matches and sheer scale. The main campaign of the game is bigger in man hours and scale than any of the top RPG franchises currently rocking consoles; Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Fallout, the list goes on. There are more missions, side missions, quests and storylines to be undertaken and involved in than most other titles, and it&rsquo;s the first game since Oblivion that properly utilises handfuls of different guilds with separate story&rsquo;s and characters; Fighter Guide, Thieves Guild, Mages Guild, and more. Each provides a great deal of hours playability, and furthermore, exploring a massive game world has neve been more enjoyable. Cut up into a few different islands of all different shapes and sizes, Two Worlds 2s&rsquo; universe is great; there are a good deal of unique settings, towns and expanses that offer widely varying environments; the deserts, the cities, the farming villages, the forests - its somewhat amazing in truth, and has to be experienced to be appreciated.</p>
<p>...</p>
<p>Some will not like this game, that&rsquo;s a given. Some will simply ignore it from its predecessors reputation and from initial screen shots. Take a leap of faith and give it an honest shot though, and no RPG fan could deny what this offers is second to none. She may not be the prettiest girl at the prom, but she&rsquo;s got the best personality and the coolest parents. That is to say, don&rsquo;t be such a shallow gamer and get in on one of the most genuinely interesting gaming gems and classic-feeling RPGs that consoles have to offer.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Could it be that this is the best RPG since Oblivion? Check it out while waiting for Skyrim!!??</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/101154-two-worlds-ii-preview-and-review.html">Gamebanshee</a></p>

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I tried to read the review but the typos and grammatical mistakes kept pissing me off.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
VentilatorOfDoom said:
it’s the first game since Oblivion that properly utilises handfuls of different guilds
This makes me rage a bit. TW1's utilization of factions was so much better than Oblivion's that it wasn't funny. To then claim that Oblivion used guilds "properly"...
:mob:

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
What is it with Polacks not spending money to localize their goddamn games? Spelling and grammar are probably the EASIEST THINGS TO FIX and, as far as presentation goes, are the most immediate indications of quality and attention to detail. One English major could localize the entire game in a fucking month, it's not that hard.

In b4 polish fanbois defend their shitty game, etc.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Shitty review but good conclusion that hopefully will keep sales rolling in for a 2W3 in the future. At the exponential rate of incline for Reality Pump in their ARPG efforts, another game in the series would be almost perfect.

zeitgeist

Magister
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Its been years since ive played a game with so much content.
My thoughts exactly. Before I got to the big island that is.

Dezzy

Novice
I played this game in demo mode earlier, and it seems very linear. In fact, it teleports me back to the path if I try to explore at all.

Does it open up more? I like having the world be totally open.

Self-Ejected

BeholderX

Self-Ejected
Dezzy said:
I played this game in demo mode earlier, and it seems very linear. In fact, it teleports me back to the path if I try to explore at all.

Areas are only unlocked through the main quest. First you open up a big open area with some stuff inside it, then you open up a medium-sized open area with more stuff inside it, then you open up a small area with tons of stuff inside it, then you open up a tiny area with barely anything inside it, then you open up a miniscule area with very very little inside it, then you open up a quantum-sized area with the absolute minimum of content inside it, and then the game ends.

Saxon1974

Prophet
BeholderX said:
Dezzy said:

Areas are only unlocked through the main quest. First you open up a big open area with some stuff inside it, then you open up a medium-sized open area with more stuff inside it, then you open up a small area with tons of stuff inside it, then you open up a tiny area with barely anything inside it, then you open up a miniscule area with very very little inside it, then you open up a quantum-sized area with the absolute minimum of content inside it, and then the game ends.

God dam, why didnt they leave it open world like the first game. Unlikely to buy this...

Monocause

Arcane
Dezzy said:

To be fair, this only happens in the tutorial (ie. the part of the game which lasts until you can teleport to Bayan). Later on you gradually get access to different areas a la Avernum 6. So far can't say I feel handheld much, the area you get access to first is quite large.

I'd say it's worth non-removal but wouldn't pay the full price. If you're the anti-piracy type wait until it's available on GoG at a discount.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom