Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Leon Boyarsky talks Bloodlines at FileFront

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Leonard Boyarsky; Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

<a href=http://www.filefront.com>FileFront</a> have scored an <a href=http://articles.filefront.com/199>interview</a> with Troika's Leon Boyarsky about Vampire: Bloodlines done during the recent preview event at LA goth club The Fang.<blockquote>Q: So is there a lot of character growth and character development in the game?
<br>
<br>
A: Yeah.</blockquote>...oh.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</A>

Spazmo

Erudite
Well, other questions get more substantial responses, but I like that they bothered to put in one word responses. It proves that it was done live, at least.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Yeah, and they didn't bother to do any research previous to the interview either, apparently, which speaks of a spur of the moment thing. Leon also did a slip-up calling Redemption - Requiem, but I guess that's understandable - as it's the new WW setting for Vampire.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Q: How are you dealing with the publicity and the hype of this game?

A: It’s been really cool. It’s a little tough to answer some of the same questions over and over again, but you know, this has been really great tonight because for the first time we have been able to talk to people that have actually played the game as opposed to us trying to convey what it is. We can actually talk about what it is instead of people writing about their interpretation, so that is kind of nice. But in the past, we had our two previous projects that we made at Troika, and then Fallout with Interplay, they were very low profile games. We’re artists, I’m an artist by trade, but I mean this project is very creative, very artistic. And people get into creative things because they like to make stuff, but you also want a lot of people to see it and appreciate it, kind of an ego thing. So while it was really cool to make those other games, the fact that they didn’t have a high profile was kind of like… you kind of want that high profile, you want people to see your game. You get really upset when you see other games and you think, why is that game getting all the hype? Why isn’t it our game? And some of our hype might not be deserved, but it’s about time we got to ride the wave of some hype as opposed to having to fight through the “hardcore RPG ghetto” as I like to call it. A lot of it has to do with the Half-Life 2 engine, which I’m perfectly fine about that, I mean I’m not trying to downplay that. We wouldn’t have been able to make this game without that engine.

You should have posted this instead. He talks about hype, he talks about misconceptions. He talks about Interplay. He talks about getting upset about all the bad, lousy games getting all the hype while the good stuff stays under the covers.

I'd suggest for you to stop making half-witted posts with comments like 'Oh.' All that does is downplay the actual content of the interview, which is by the way, an excellent read.

I don't see why you have to downplay the interview, Spazmo. The Codex isn't about catering to idiots.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Yeah, but it has the flow of a conversation. Pretty different actually. Can't say I dislike it really - a little design philosophy discussion going there.

You know what, this is actually a really good and candid interview. The part about the same guy signing them for Arcanum getting them aboard with the Source engine. Damn!

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Yeah, it's got all these neat factlets and stuff most of us never even know about Troika in it. I'd say it's probably one of the best Vampire interviews to date, especially since it was done in cander and the interview was actually a spoken one.

I don't know why Spazmo picked the worst question and answer out of all the goodies in there. Did he even read it?

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
OMFG GUYS WHY DIDNT YOU PUT ONE OF THE GOOD QUESTIONS UP? You mean I have to fucking click on the link? BUT GAWD HOW WOULD I KNOW IF I WAS INTERESTED IN THE GAME IF I HADNT CLICKED ON THE LINK? No one on this site has ever heard of Bloodlines before and we dont cater to idiots omg thanks 4 yer time

FireWolf

Liturgist
It's fine to aim your newsbytes with a bit of humour it makes for a more entertaining read. Where spazmo went wrong was to only quote the amusing segment of the interview. I'm pretty sure you could have kept the sarcastic coment and pointed out one or two of the more interesting questions. Dismissing the interview entirely wasn't the best way to go about it in this case.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Haha. He doesn't like being igmnored. Boo hoo. Other games get the atention and his ego can't take it. Does he want a tissue for his issue? Maybe, if he made games that people want to play - like maybe Vampire is - maybe he'd get the attention he so desperately needs.

Usuall, Troika sounds cool in their interviews, but that question reeks of crybabyness.

Like a 2 year old kid who wants his mummy to pay attention to him. R00fles!

FireWolf

Liturgist
Haha. He doesn't like being igmnored. Boo hoo. Other games get the atention and his ego can't take it. Does he want a tissue for his issue? Maybe, if he made games that people want to play - like maybe Vampire is - maybe he'd get the attention he so desperately needs.

Usuall, Troika sounds cool in their interviews, but that question reeks of crybabyness.

Like a 2 year old kid who wants his mummy to pay attention to him. R00fles!

You'd know all about attention grabbing, I'm sure.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"You'd know all about attention grabbing, I'm sure."

Yes, yes I would.

"As for you Volourn, you have once again proven your lunacy."

I may be a lunatic; but at least I'm not crying because other games more attention than the ones I make.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Q: So is there a lot of character growth and character development in the game?

A: Yeah.

That was Leon's answer to teh big b00bies in Vampire right? :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom