Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Deus Ex: Human Revolution Release Date Officially Announced

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Deus Ex: Human Revolution; Eidos Montreal

<p><strong>Deus Ex: Human Revolution</strong> will be released on August 23rd in North America and August 26st in Europe.</p>
<p><a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/101900-deus-ex-human-revolution-release-date-officially-announced.html" target="_blank">Read the press release</a> if you're so inclined.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Additionally, <a href="http://www.g4tv.com/videos/51617/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Hands-On-Preview/" target="_blank">there's a video interview</a> with art director Jonathan Jacques-Belletete answering questions and showing gameplay.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/101900-deus-ex-human-revolution-release-date-officially-announced.html">GB</a></p>

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
finally, release date \o/

Along with Risen 2 and Twitcher 2, Desu Ex 3 is the most anticipated game this year for me :love:

meh

Educated
I predict August 20th release on the internets.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Updated my journal. Upgraded to cautiously interested to hmmmm. It's almost like they finally listened to the fans and actually played the first game....

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm not naive to expect something like what Thief DS was to the first 2 games, but considering what is happening now everywhere in gaming, this in comparison is really starting to sound like a massive :incline:.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Jaesun said:
Updated my journal. Upgraded to cautiously interested to hmmmm. It's almost like they finally listened to the fans and actually played the first game....

istockphoto_6870540-in-valor-there-is-hope.jpg

Coyote

Arcane
Jaesun said:

"Finally"? :/ They've been blatantly pandering to Deus Ex fans for months, going on in every press release about multiple paths, the ability to get through the game without killing anyone, etc. Not that I'm complaining; it's nice to be pandered to for once. They've thrown in some silly and/or popamole stuff, too, but most of the Codex threads on this game have been full of people who are either cautiously optimistic or doubtful that the game will live up to the hype, not complaining about how they ruined everything that made the first game great or anything like that (skyway excepted).

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Coyote said:
Jaesun said:

"Finally"? :/ They've been blatantly pandering to Deus Ex fans for months, going on in every press release about multiple paths, the ability to get through the game without killing anyone, etc. Not that I'm complaining; it's nice to be pandered to for once.

To be honest, I have not followed one single interview on anything Human Revolution, related because I expect it to be "blah blah, our game is so awesome, blah blah blah blah, omg so awesome blah blah yeah we really listen to you lol blah blah blah". I did hear snippets now and again on various posts here that did indeed state they were trying to go back to it's roots, as it were. I just took that as LOL NICE HYPE MACHINE FAGS! LOLOL Maybe for once, I should actually read one of these interviews, but take it with a grain of salt, as they say. heh ;)

Coyote said:
They've thrown in some silly and/or popamole stuff, too, but most of the Codex threads on this game have been full of people who are either cautiously optimistic or doubtful that the game will live up to the hype, not complaining about how they ruined everything that made the first game great or anything like that (skyway excepted).

The pop-a-mole aspects don't honestly bother me too much (I have already outed myself as a Gigantic Mass Effect 2 loving fag). I WANT to believe, but the way dev houses keep shitting stuff out, still leaves me as doubtful.

Basically I am at "hey IF they honestly pull off an enjoyable Deus Ex like experience, then god damn! Happy times are here again". The only way we will know is when the shipped product comes out.

Coyote

Arcane
Jaesun said:
I did hear snippets now and again on various posts here that did indeed state they were trying to go back to it's roots, as it were. I just took that as LOL NICE HYPE MACHINE FAGS! LOLOL Maybe for once, I should actually read one of these interviews, but take it with a grain of salt, as they say. heh ;)

TBH, I tend to be more trusting of Square-Enix than, say, Bioware or Bethesda, if only because I've never known them to claim their game was something other than exactly what it turned out to be aside from obvious hyping of subjective traits (i.e. I've never known them make claims about a game comparable to the unequivocally false factual ones that Bethesda made with regard to the capabilities of Oblivion's AI or technically-subjective-but-are-you-fucking-kidding-me ones that many western developers make about their games featuring "deep, tactical combat"). Then again, I've never followed any of their games before Human Revolution as closely as I follow western games, so it might just be lack of exposure.

Jaesun said:
The pop-a-mole aspects don't honestly bother me too much (I have already outed myself as a Gigantic Mass Effect 2 loving fag). I WANT to believe, but the way dev houses keep shitting stuff out, still leaves me as doubtful.

Basically I am at "hey IF they honestly pull off an enjoyable Deus Ex like experience, then god damn! Happy times are here again". The only way we will know is when the shipped product comes out.

Yeah, I had fun with ME2 despite the cover system, so I'm in the same boat there. As far as I'm concerned, as long as they live up to their promises about the game, DE:HR will be worth picking up - barring any unexpected developments like being an unplayable, buggy mess or some aspect of gameplay that I just can't stand.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Coyote said:
TBH, I tend to be more trusting of Square-Enix than, say, Bioware or Bethesda, if only because I've never known them to claim their game was something other than exactly what it turned out to be aside from obvious hyping of subjective traits (i.e. I've never known them make claims about a game comparable to the unequivocally false factual ones that Bethesda made with regard to the capabilities of Oblivion's AI or technically-subjective-but-are-you-fucking-kidding-me ones that many western developers make about their games featuring "deep, tactical combat"). Then again, I've never followed any of their games before Human Revolution as closely as I follow western games, so it might just be lack of exposure.

Yeah I do say I don't listen to a fucking lying word Bethesda says at all. They are proven liars, so perhaps the inner Skyway in me lumps most all (Except Obsidian, HI OBSIDIAN HATERS! SUCK IT!) into hype machine lying shit game design turd making faggots. Which is sad really. IF they pull off an enjoyable DX like experience for the PC, well then I'll add them to my trusted list. So don't fuck this up this time Square-Enix. Granted, it's for consoles, who the fuck am I kidding. *sigh*

Coyote said:
DE:HR will be worth picking up - barring any unexpected developments like being an unplayable, buggy mess or some aspect of gameplay that I just can't stand.

One thing I do remember was the just fucking awful fucked up PC port of The Last Remnant, in that you HAD to have a game pad to even play it on the PC. So Square-Enix track record for PC ports isn't getting me too terribly excited.... I wonder how serious they are for those of us that use the PC?

J1M

Arcane
Coyote said:
Jaesun said:
I did hear snippets now and again on various posts here that did indeed state they were trying to go back to it's roots, as it were. I just took that as LOL NICE HYPE MACHINE FAGS! LOLOL Maybe for once, I should actually read one of these interviews, but take it with a grain of salt, as they say. heh ;)

Jaesun said:

Yeah, I had fun with ME2 despite the cover system, so I'm in the same boat there. As far as I'm concerned, as long as they live up to their promises about the game, DE:HR will be worth picking up - barring any unexpected developments like being an unplayable, buggy mess or some aspect of gameplay that I just can't stand.

You have stumbled upon an interesting idea. Since square barely changes their sequels at all, (see Final Fantasy 14, lol) their purchase of Deus Ex is perhaps the best thing that could have ever happened for us.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom