Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Bloodlines reigns over Game Chronicles

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

There's a <A href="http://www.gamechronicles.com/reviews/pc/vampires/bloodlines.htm">review</a> of <a href="Http://www.vampire-bloodlines.com">Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines</a> on <A href="http://www.gamechronicles.com/">Game Chronicles</a>. The final score is a whopping <b>9.3</b>. Here's a clip about the camera:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>You have the ability to play from either a first or third person perspective, which should make the game accessible to both action and adventure fans. The game does force a few camera angles on you. Melee is always handled from a chase camera; an absolute must when you factor in all the amazing special effects of using your vampire abilities. One annoying quirk is that the camera would often get left in first-person mode after a conversation, even though I had been playing in third-person.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Or when you climb a ladder. Or when you pick a lock. Or when you change maps occationally. Of course, the best part is when you're in third person, in a small tunnel, and the camera flips upside down on you in third person.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Jinxed

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
Or when you climb a ladder. Or when you pick a lock. Or when you change maps occationally. Of course, the best part is when you're in third person, in a small tunnel, and the camera flips upside down on you in third person.

I didn't get such exciting events as you did. :) The chase camera when melee is not for the effects, melee in first person SUCKS and morrowind proved that. Add to that many vamp powers that send you or your foes into midai sor being aware of all that in first person would be tedious at best.

suibhne

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:

Unlike Jinxed, I get this all the time. I've started switching to first-person view in small tunnels simply to lower my blood pressure.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I only get that bug occasionally, and it's irritating as hell. It isn't as irritating as when you pick a lock or talk to someone and your weapon holsters itself and you have to reselect it if there's combat right after.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
I use first person mode almost all the time (except when in melee, of course), so I haven't really experienced any bugs with the camera at all. And now that I have the Desert Eagle and a firearms of 9, melee is a rare thing indeed now. Hell, three reloads of that sweet ass revolver was all I needed to take out the King's Way boss. And fan mode is AWESOME in a crowd. ;)

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Jinxed said:
I didn't get such exciting events as you did. :) The chase camera when melee is not for the effects, melee in first person SUCKS and morrowind proved that. Add to that many vamp powers that send you or your foes into midai sor being aware of all that in first person would be tedious at best.

I want to stay in third person, though. There's a lot of events that put the camera back in first person. Every time I go to pick a lock, for example, I have to hit the "z" again just to put my camera POV back to third person.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I find that 3rd person has a fucked up camera, too. It's too damn close, for one thing. And in enclosed spaces you can't see shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom