Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mass Effect 3 Spoilers!

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 3

<p>Game Informer, via PC Gamer, is providing <a href="http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/04/08/mass-effect-3-to-have-deeper-rpg-elements-expanded-skill-trees-and-alternative-endings/" target="_blank">new details</a> on the <strong>Return of Shepard</strong>.</p>
<blockquote>Providing they survived the previous games, Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson will be in Mass Effect 3, though not as members of your team. The Illusive Man will also return. Cerberus have turned against you again in the third game, and will be hunting you across the galaxy as you try to stop the Reaper invasion.<br /><br />Bioware say they&rsquo;ve beefed up the levelling mechanics to offer a greater choice of abilities. Skill trees will be larger, and powers can be evolved several times.<br /><br />There have been some tweaks to the weapons systems, too. All characters can use any weapon, but different classes will have a limited number of weapons slots. Only the soldier class will be able to carry all of them at once. Weapon mods will let you add scopes and different barrels to your weapons, changing the look and effectiveness of each gun.</blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Silellak

Cipher
That's odd - Eurogamer said:

Squad members Garrus, Wrex, Mordin and Legion are pencilled in (providing they didn't die), as is Anderson. Whether these old faces can be recruited remains to be seen.
Pretty sure they're both sourcing the Game Informer article, too.

Some/all of those characters damn well better be recruitable. Hell, those 5 alone would easily make the best Mass Effect squad evar. :salute: Why bother recruiting anyone else?

Esquilax

Arcane
So, Cerberus is going to be hunting you even if you sided with them at the end of the last game? Haha, this is just like the Council suddenly believing that Reapers don't exist.

nasi

Novice
dat is such a funny joke d00d i lolled my pants off XD XD

its so... uncaring :o

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Wrex had better be recruitable. A biowarian corridor shooter isn't complete without him.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Jason said:
Cerberus have turned against you again in the third game, and will be hunting you across the galaxy as you try to stop the Reaper invasion.

Biowareeeeeeeeeee :x

This does not make sense. Why spent 4 billion gazillion credits rebuilding you in the second game just to STOP THE REAPERS/COLLECTORS, and then have them deciding "Meh, we don't actually need him. Let's kill him, r00fles!"

Screenie from RK47's excellent ME2 Let's play on the playground:

ME2-005.jpg

Seriously, consistency has never been Bioware's strong suit, but this is just pushing it.

In other news, can we grab more collars? I hope we can grab more collars.

Cerberus turning on you is one of the most :retarded: things I think Bioware has done outside of releasing DA2. The transition from ME1->ME2 was ridiculous already, now Cerberus is backstabbing the "last hope for humanity" right as the reapers are directly attacking Earth? Though to be fair, if they only killed 7 million people in the first week they aren't all that dangerous :lol:.

I'm going to call it now. Illusive man is revealed to be a reaper.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Dicksmoker said:
You think he's an AI who just the same smokes cigars and interacts with humans just like a person. You called shit. BEARBOMBER was the one who suggested the reaper theory in your thread, you fuck. Get the hell out of here. [meme]Go fail at killing Marburg or something.[/meme]

So angry!

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Do I still like playing games? I sure do.

edit: What the fuck Jaesun, get outta the way. I am having a serious wordbattle with Dicksmoker here!

Garm

Learned
Andyman Messiah said:
Dicksmoker said:
You think he's an AI who just the same smokes cigars and interacts with humans just like a person. You called shit. BEARBOMBER was the one who suggested the reaper theory in your thread, you fuck. Get the hell out of here. [meme]Go fail at killing Marburg or something.[/meme]

So angry!

Everyone fucking called it.

Oh, and what's this about Legion and Mordin not being in you're party? LOL. Guess they'll have 1 or 2 lines of flavor dialogue or just be replaced with another generic character like Wrex was in ME 2.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Overweight Manatee said:
Though to be fair, if they only killed 7 million people in the first week they aren't all that dangerous :lol:.
Shepard could die of old age before they were done with earth.:lol:

Project: Eternity
Jason said:
The Illusive Man will also return. Cerberus have turned against you again in the third game, and will be hunting you across the galaxy as you try to stop the Reaper invasion.

Well that's great, makes me happy I handed him the fucking Collector base with all its tech on board. Thanks a fucking lot Bioware. :x

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Freelance Henchman said:
Jason said:
The Illusive Man will also return. Cerberus have turned against you again in the third game, and will be hunting you across the galaxy as you try to stop the Reaper invasion.

Well that's great, makes me happy I handed him the fucking Collector base with all its tech on board. Thanks a fucking lot Bioware. :x

To be fair, it probably turned him into a Husk. You'll have an epic bossbattle in a volcano against him, while he wails away at you. He'll be called the Illusive Husk, and his only remaining human part will be his collar. The fight will end with a QTE, in which you have to press 50 buttons in a 10-second timeslot to grab his collar and throw him into the lava, or you'll get a non-standard game-over.

Either that, or he'll send you an e-mail to taunt you and you'll never hear from him again. Probably the last one.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Well that's great, makes me happy I handed him the fucking Collector base with all its tech on board. Thanks a fucking lot Bioware."

C&C, bitch!

You put your trust into a scumbag like that, you reap what you sow.

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom