Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas Honest Hearts Released

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<p><a href="http://store.steampowered.com/app/72740/" target="_blank"><strong>Honest Hearts</strong></a> is now obtainable, though you might want to be leery of any game that promises "Greek Geckos".</p>
<blockquote>An expedition into the unspoiled wilderness of Utah's Zion National Park goes horribly wrong when your caravan is ambushed by a tribal raiding band. As you try to find a way back to the Mojave you become embroiled in a war between tribes and a conflict between a New Canaanite missionary and the mysterious Burned Man. The decisions you make will determine the fate of Zion.
<ul>
<li>&nbsp;New Terrain: Navigate the highs and lows of the steep canyon walls, caves, riverbeds, waterfalls and explore the lush landscapes and rugged terrain in beautiful and sprawling Zion Canyon.</li>
<li>&nbsp;New Enemies: From the deadly Yao Guai and exotically lethal Greek Geckos to new hostile tribals, Zion Canyon is as dangerous as it is beautiful.</li>
<li>&nbsp;New Perks and Weapons: Survive the wild with Tribal Wisdom or exact increased damage with Eye for Eye. Honest Hearts offers a host of new perks and weapons including the .45 Auto Pistol, .45 Auto Submachine Gun, the Compliance Regular, Fire Bombs, War Clubs, and Yao Guai Gauntlets.</li>
</ul>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/05/17/honest-hearts-now-available-on-xbox-live-and-steam/">BethBlog</a></p>

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Yao Guai Gauntles?!?!!!! SOLD!!!!

heh, its...virtually impossible for me to NOT get this...just...im shit out of luck when it comes to cash at the moment.(to those in question...enjoy your irresponsible days as a student.)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Actually, in Honest Hearts you meet Green Geckos, not Greek Geckos. :smug:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
'sup Prosper.

And yeah, doing such a mistake in an official announcment (greek gecko) is p. embarassing.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
I for one would love to meet some Greek Geckos. Except the game seems to be completely friggin' bugged. I get big, floating red boxes with exclamation points in them when I go to the Northern Passage marker, and the radio signal appears, but plays nothing. Some images for new craftable items only display as red squares. When I try to interact with or touch the giant exclamation point monsters, the game just turns me around and bumps me a few feet in the opposite direction.

First major bug I've encountered with New Vegas. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

flabbyjack

Arcane
Jason said:
War Clubs, and Yao Guai Gauntlets.

hang_head.gif

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
They had to release that just the same day as Fable 3! Too much awesome at the same time!!!

(Am I doing this right?)

Drakron

Arcane
Jason said:
... exotically lethal Greek Geckos ...

I would like to know how Green ended up as Greek, not your fault about this error but there are no Greek Geckos.

Edit:
Mister Arkham, try to restart Steam and check for data files integrity, it have the bad habit of not downloading everything (did so with me with Dead Money).

Your HonestHearts - Main.bsa should be 384Mb as HonestHearts.esm should be 16Mb.

Micmu

Magister
I'm not touching this junk until they release Sectoids vs. Samurai mod. Game still ain't complete.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Wondering if Bethesda will blame Obsidian for this thing not selling, while it's been released on the same day as The Witcher 2 and Fable 3...

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Surf Solar said:
Did you install any mods, Mister Arkham?

Just one that expands the Radio New Vegas playlist. I'm not messing around with textures or gameplay stuff right now because I'm teaching myself the GECK, and altering too much in Fallout 3 made the tools awfully twitchy.

Drakron said:
Mister Arkham, try to restart Steam and check for data files integrity, it have the bad habit of not downloading everything (did so with me with Dead Money).

Your HonestHearts - Main.bsa should be 384Mb as HonestHearts.esm should be 16Mb.

One of the first things I checked, as the loader went non-responsive for a while during the download. Everything seemed to be fine, but the problem remained. Game started downloading a 145.9 MB file as soon as Steam launched this morning though, so I'll see what that is before I mess with anything else. Seems kind of large for an overnight patch, but they might be fixing some of the things that 1.3 screwed up, too.

SpaceKungFuMan

Scholar
I normally don't buy DLC, but I will probably get all the NV DLC when its out and do a second play through with it installed. Hopefully all 3 will add up to an expansion's worth of content, instead of a few hours here and there, which is worthless once you've already stopped playing the game months ago.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Trash said:
This reminded me that it's been way too long since I had a gyros sandwhich from El Grecco. Hmmmm. Wait, what were we discussing?
This one's nice, but I think I prefer Dmitri's place (opposite the Sirtaki restaurant near the Dom).

Eyeball

Arcane
I shall reserve judgement on this DLC. To be honest, it doesn't really pique my interest, and I'm against DLC's on general principle.

On the other hand, I felt the same way about Dead Money and when I finally got bored enough to download it, it was really FUCKING GOOD, even better than the main game itself.

I therefore have high hopes for this DLC and will actually pay REAL MONEY for it if I hear people saying it's "as good as Dead Money" or something similar. And it would be nice to find out what happened to the Burned Man after Caesar stabbed him in the back, although I doubt we'll be able to stage any kind of confrontation between BM and Caesar as that would mess up the main storyline a bit too much and require lots and lots of additional voicework from Caesar's voice actor.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
I've spent most of the day with the title now. Not sure how close I am to finishing it. You could probably blow through it pretty quickly if you wanted to, but there are lots of little nooks and crannies to explore, and a decent number of quests.

The new graphical elements are pretty good. Probably the best looking environment we'll ever get out of Gamebryo. The areas are well designed and flow well. Even though the Zion Valley mostly consists of canyon-land there are a lot of little box canyons, caves, and dead-drops that help to make the area feel more open.

There's not a huge amount of dialogue so far. Some opportunities to learn about tribal history, some good stuff about the evolution of the New Canaanites following the war. Nice setting fluff. The quests are all making sense so far, and most have some optional stuff associated with them. Voice acting is top notch, and the writing I've seen is all solid. They're also following what they did in Dead Money and hinting at some of the content that's to come in the rest of the DLC.

All told? I haven't finished it yet but I'm glad I spent the money on it. I've already sunk more time into it than a couple of Triple-A titles that I can think of, and it's better than most of those too. The problems I had getting it running aside, it's another solid addition to a game that already had a lot going for it. I'm not a huge fan of DLC, but I have to admit that Obsidian is pretty damn good at making it worthwhile.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Honest Hearts seems like a Bethesduh DLC, it looks pretty and it's fucking dull. There's some good dialog, but not really anything like the skillchecks in Dead Money. For the buildup in New Vegas, the Burned Man is a pretty meh character. The quests are straightforward and fairly uninspired. It's also really damn short, with most of the time spent hiking around looking for locations, or in conversations having the lore talked at you.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Jeez he had an awfull lot of Colt 45 to go through..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom