Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News You won't run out of Dragons in Skyrim

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

<p>Yes, Skyrim will have an unlimited number of dragons which can attack you anywhere, <a href="http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/05/19/unlimiteddragons/" target="_blank">RPS elaborates</a>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>In a story that makes for one of the most double-take inducing headlines of 2011, Skyrim director Todd Howard last week told Norweigan outlet Gamer.no that Skyrim will have &ldquo;an unlimited number of dragons&rdquo;. You heard me right, people. Infinity dragons. If you were worrying about running out of dragons in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, well, don&rsquo;t do that.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Skyrim will be the real Dragon Age.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><em>skuphundaku initiated newsitem.</em></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Probably the most disappointing piece of news related to skyrim so far. (Everything else was to be expected considering Oblivion)

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
That's the only way they can beat The Witcher 2, which unnecessarily binds the player by limiting the number of dragons.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Man Todd had mentioned this way before he ever mentioned it to Norwegian outlet. Get with the program RPS. See. A month ago, RPS. I even made a joke about it then.

Also also, it is such a typical Bethesda line that somehow manages to get headlines even though it's completely meaningless. How do they keep doing that?

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How is Todd & Co. going to up that in the next ES game? Will you be able to slay an unlimited supply of the gods?

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Bethesda customers want to endlessly larp around in an unchanging world filled with a limitless supply to random enemies attacking them for some reason. These twisted souls invest hundreds and hundreds of hours into this shit. Bethesda knows this.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yaar Podshipnik said:
How is Todd & Co. going to up that in the next ES game? Will you be able to slay an unlimited supply of the gods?

You got it.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Were there seriously people who were concerned about this? It's an open-world, open-ended TeS game. Being able to kill infinity dragons seemed like kind of a given to me.

Bahamut

Arcane
I think removing attributes is the best decision ever made by Bethesda ever. People, please look up the real definiton of Role Playing Game. Just F.Y.I.

Way to go Todd.

Holy buttfuckjebus

Really bethpizda fanboys and religion zelots have so much in common...

Degrading dragons to cannon fodder, way to go Todd!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can't believe that that I dared to harbor a small hope that Skyrim would be some kind of improvement, that they would LEARN from the clusterfuck that was Oblivion. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Waiting for level scaling to return now as well in some next-gen weaselly worded way.

DraQ

Arcane
Bahamut said:
Degrading dragons to cannon fodder, way to go Todd!
Todd should have his head nomnomed.

commie said:
Waiting for level scaling to return now as well in some next-gen weaselly worded way.
That's probably how you missed it being confirmed in straightforward manner. Scaling is in, except it will not upscale already visited locations.

The only thing I fear is that they will introduce dragon transformation and/or friendly dragons, for it is possible that then my willpower, my hate and my pride may fail to save me.

Codex, give me strength!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Enjoy your hiking simulator with Unlimited Dragons™ Crispy. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom