Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale News

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Atari; Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale

<p><strong>Dungeons &amp; Dragons Daggerdale</strong>, this <a href="http://www.bluesnews.com/a/2348/dungeons-dragons-daggerdale-is-set-to-invade" target="_blank">co-op 4th edition action RPG</a> developed by Bedlam, is about to be released tomorrow.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Fantasy role-playing game, Dungeons &amp; Dragons Daggerdale has gone gold. Dungeons &amp; Dragons Daggerdale is set to invade Xbox Live&reg; Arcade and retail stores for PC May 25, 2011. PSN is set for a release date of May, 31st, 2011.</p>
<p>Dungeons &amp; Dragons Daggerdale centers on the desperate struggle to defeat the evil Rezlus and his Zhentarim in their attempt to invade and conquer the Dalelands. Dungeons &amp; Dragons Daggerdale is an engaging multi-player experience that introduces a riveting narrative and treacherous new characters. Players are charged with the task of restoring order to Nentir Vale by unlocking the secrets of the Mines of Tethyamar, defeating the evil within the treacherous Tower of the Void, leading to the final confrontation with Rezlus himself.</p>
<p>Action-packed RPG gameplay allows for solo and co-op play for up to four players. Gamers use intuitive pick-up-and-play combat combined with a wide assortment of weapons, feats and powers to defeat a wide range of deadly enemies. Dungeons &amp; Dragons Daggerdale boasts an array of stunning levels and exploration opportunities set in the richly detailed environments.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.bluesnews.com/a/2348/dungeons-dragons-daggerdale-is-set-to-invade">Blues News</a></p>

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I really wonder to what degree this game is going to resemble d&d 4th ed?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I actually got to visit the SSI offices in San Jose, CA once. I think I already told this story here once, but I traded a few motherboards to them for a whole box of their games.

Suffice it to say, it was awesome.

Just the fact that it is 4th edition fills me with uncontainable rage. And the fact other fact that it will be real time press A fast to win shit makes me rage even more. To top it off the fact that they call it an rpg when it clearly will not be one pushes the rage level beyond what a mere emoticon can express so I will simply spam the same ones a few times.

:rage: :rage: :rage:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I watched a thirty minute 'demo' on Giant Bomb a week ago and it's pretty much what you'd expect: a generic hack and slash with $15 production value. From what little I saw I doubt any major rules will come into play, 4th Ed. or otherwise. Also telling is the fact the game has gotten little to no marketing so obviously they're hoping to sell units based on the D&D brand alone without revealing its mediocrity. It's due for release tomorrow but I haven't seen it on Steam or any other digital download website.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
MerkwĂĽrdigliebe said:
Just the fact that it is 4th edition fills me with uncontainable rage. And the fact other fact that it will be real time press A fast to win shit makes me rage even more. To top it off the fact that they call it an rpg when it clearly will not be one pushes the rage level beyond what a mere emoticon can express so I will simply spam the same ones a few times.

:rage: :rage: :rage:

WELL THEN I GOT GOOD NEWS FOR YOU!

No fucking trace of 4th ed MECHANICS can be found ANYWERE in this game!

J1M

Arcane
They are putting this in stores for PC for $10? lol

All the videos do their best to show a flashy move and hide actual gameplay.

I suppose the move names will be from 4th edition, but I wouldn't expect anything like what they first announced.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Here's a video of extended game play -- unfortunately it's of the beginning and the Giant Bomb guys are as air headed as ever.

meh

Educated
Better spend some money on Hellcats & Hockeysticks setting games...

WetWorks

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014
VentilatorOfDoom said:
lvl1 human fighter. HP 120

Goddamn MMORPG apes.

Oh look, you can bash barrels. Imaginative.

If the player is a Wizard does he lightning bolt the barrel or go all quarterstaff on it?

Luzur

Good Sir
Wikipedia said:
SSI was acquired by Mindscape in 1994, spent time as part of Mattel, and finally became part of Ubisoft (in March 2001), which has since retired the brand name.

FT7k4.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom