Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Something stupid about KOTOR 2 at GamesRadar

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

<a href=http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk>GamesRadar</a>, "the UK's number one games site", has posted a <a href=http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/previews/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=33377&subsectionid=1599>preview</a> of <a href=http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sithlords>KOTOR 2</a>, mostly to prove beyond the reasonable doubt that the UK educational system sucks. Here are some snipets:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The genius of Bioware was to set their game 5000 years before Phantom Menace
<br>
<br>
that adventure is being written by Chris Avalone, who wrote the literate and much admired RPG Planescape: Torment.
<br>
<br>
Inspired by the morally challenging nature of Bioware's original, Avalone has set out to create a darker, more complicated moral world.
<br>
<br>
LucasArts tell us that various team members cried during testing, and not because of bugs. If it can reduce those developing it to emotional wrecks, just imagine what it could do to us.</blockquote>
<br>
Well, these are the guys who think that NWN OC was "up to BioWare's usual high standard of design, featuring impressive plot twists and in-depth rules"
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

tnanh

Novice
LucasArts tell us that various team members cried during testing, and not because of bugs. If it can reduce those developing it to emotional wrecks, just imagine what it could do to us.
Huh ?

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Vault Dweller said:
LucasArts tell us that various team members cried during testing, and not because of bugs. If it can reduce those developing it to emotional wrecks, just imagine what it could do to us.

Who the fuck are those pussies?

Anyway, that makes the game sounds sweet has hell. I'm definately going darkside when I play. :twisted:

FireWolf

Liturgist
They said they didn't cry at the bugs, doesn't mean they cried due to the emotion. Could be the dialogue is so bad that it brings you to tears. Kinda like watching an episode of home and away or something.

I wouldn't consider it "genius" to set a game before established canon, I would call it a smart move, or even a natural progression. As for morally challenging, I guess grey areas don't count and later-than-event ramifications are deemed too complicated. Everyone loves immediate results and severely limited influence of action!

eightman2k

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
"the LucasArts tell us that various team members cried during testing, and not because of bugs. If it can reduce those developing it to emotional wrecks, just imagine what it could do to us.

That is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen written in a game review.

It makes me cringe at the state of editorial discourse in the games industry.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
If they didn't cry because of the bugs, does that mean they were OK with the bugs?

That seems strange. Who are these people--Troika?

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
eightman2k said:
Vault Dweller said:
"the LucasArts tell us that various team members cried during testing, and not because of bugs. If it can reduce those developing it to emotional wrecks, just imagine what it could do to us.

That is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen written in a game review.

It makes me cringe at the state of editorial discourse in the games industry.

I think I once read something similar some years ago when Super Play (a UK console magazine dedicated to the Super Nintendo) made a Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2) preview. They were like "we want you to cry!" and "Squaresoft makes tear-jerking gaming moments" and stuff.

Avin

Liturgist
provolone's not bad.

anyway, i assume that lucasarts folks are SW fanboys who would cry everytime they listen SW theme.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Avin said:
i assume that lucasarts folks are SW fanboys who would cry everytime they listen SW theme.

I cry when I hear the SW theme for the fifty billionth time in the 12th to the Nth power SW game to be released that uses the same music as the fourteen hundred thousand billion SW games before it. :cry:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom