Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

5Hitman: derpolution

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
I have nothing against men killing and beating the shit out of women in fiction, but this video is :retarded: on so many levels.

bonescraper

Wait, when exactly did Robert Rodriguez become their lead game designer? I must have missed the big news.

Another decent franchise bites the dust.
:hmmm:

Keshik

Arcane
Yeah, looks cool and not all that 47-esque. If those are the other ICA agents, well no wonder 47 is their best as they can't hear behind them, don't cover properly, heh.

3019573_o.gif

Modron

Arcane
If you pause at 1.31 you get an image that illustrates perfectly what's wrong here.

If you pause at 1:43 you get a better illustration of the :decline:.

Honestly, i never really got into the Hitman series watched LPs of the games and enjoyed them however. Hopefully the game can still play like the previous entries without devolving into shitty firefights as the video demonstrated.

Vicissitudes

Augur
Patron
Just imagine the conversation that led to making this thing...
Producer: "Well we need this to be hot, sexy, kinky, with slow-mo bullet time killing in rain with fire. Oh and nuns I wanna fuck/kill some nuns."
Studio: "4.PROFIT"!!!!!!!!1!jeden!"

Tehdagah

Arcane
If you pause at 1.31 you get an image that illustrates perfectly what's wrong here.

If you pause at 1:43 you get a better illustration of the :decline:.

Honestly, i never really got into the Hitman series watched LPs of the games and enjoyed them however. Hopefully the game can still play like the previous entries without devolving into shitty firefights as the video demonstrated.
If you pause at 1:26 you get a crotch shot :incline:

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
I don't get why companies buy the rights for games like these,i mean if you buy it you should buy it for its steady fanbase but they just ignore fanbase and try to cather to casual gamers.
Why do they bother with this while they could easily make game where you play a bald assasin and kill people with their own title and they would sell it to their casual gamers with no problems.
Devolopers should stop destroying classic games:(

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
GUYS U R OVERREACTING ITS JUST A TRAILER THE WHOLE GAME ITSELF ISN'T LIKE THAT.
JESUS FUCK.

Those are probably part of some secret Vatican assasination division, called Iscariot or some shit like that.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
I don't get why companies buy the rights for games like these,i mean if you buy it you should buy it for its steady fanbase but they just ignore fanbase and try to cather to casual gamers.
Why do they bother with this while they could easily make game where you play a bald assasin and kill people with their own title and they would sell it to their casual gamers with no problems.
Devolopers should stop destroying classic games:(

Someone here said it much better and much more eloquently than I could ever put it, but to paraphrase from what I can remember. They do it for brand recognition. They pick up a beloved IP and make some shitty game for the current crop of retard casuals (who, lets face it, are the target demographic due to existing at the peak of a bell curve, console cover shooter kids who got into gaming in the last 5 years) and hope that the goodwill from former fans of a series, will somehow translate over. Newgamers hear about how so-and-so title was an amazing game and got good reviews (back when they werent paid for with advertising) and how people have fond memories of them, buy their new console cover shooter with the same name and enjoy their new shit. If you dont like, take of the nostalgia goggles/its not profitable to make turn based games, or even games with punishing mechanics, because the new breed of gamer grew up on checkpoints and Easy mode re branded as Normal.

Basically, they cant make good games anymore, so they are making their shit games and cashing in on them by using the name of older established series that were good. Morons buy due to the goodwill generated from the originals and will defend their shit vehemently because they dont know any better. Sad really, as those IP's that got raped are fondly remembered by a cashed up demographic of working people, and the console cover shooters, are aimed at the intellectual level of 12 year olds without disposable income. The next great crash will come due to the idiocy of marketing to those kids.

joeydohn

Savant
I like nuns with guns, the Church of Violence in Black Lagoon are badass.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
we gotta market this thing to the kids with ipads who never played the game in their life, ideas people

build it around sex and violence, that always sells

remember it's called hitman absolution, we gotta work that religion theme, and 47 isn't big on the sex

no problem, I have a great idea for a cg trailer already

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
FFS

Also
VogkB.jpg

:roll: Truly an incentive to get this day 1, you just have to buy it 4+ times to get the full game!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom